Chapter 39

(Background Music ~ Amaria - Two Steps From Hell)

Laura's POV-(Start Song Here)-'Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!!!' I frantically thought to myself, while I was starting freak out

Laura's POV
-(Start Song Here)-
'Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!!!' I frantically thought to myself, while I was starting freak out. My body began to tremble involuntarily in fear; shaking insistently as my hands and other parts of my body continuing to steadily fade away as like being erased with an eraser.

Just as Wesker rapidly dashed towards the two of us, Alex and I ducked and rolled at the same time in opposite directions of one another, smearing mud and grime all over our arms and legs in the process. Resulting in us getting separated from each other. After we've split up from one another, Wesker peered over at Alex for a brief moment. Eyeing her from top to bottom with his reddish-orange, glowing, feline-like eyes. Virtually ignoring her presence before redirecting his gaze at me. A devilish smirk instantly curling onto his lips, starting advancing towards me as my eyes went round. 'Shit...'

"Laura. Whether you like it or not, you are my flesh and blood, my daughter, and my heir. It is in your genes, after all," Wesker stated, as he cobra-striked me. Sending me flying over fifteen feet across the field, and prompting me to collide right into one of the massive trees in the public park. I groaned vehemently in pain, upon impact with the thick, uneven surface of the enormous oak tree before eventually falling down. I crumpled onto the ground beneath me; grime and grass smearing all over hands and feet.

"Laura, he isn't real! Remember! Another mirage recreated by your mind!" Alex yelled in my direction, right as I landed on the ground.

"Yeah! I already know that, sis!" I shouted back, as I slowly stood back up onto my own two feet. Slightly grimacing in pain. As I glanced back and forth between my twin sister and my father, an idea came into mind, but it wasn't exactly going to be an easy one. "Alex, I need you distract Dad! Stall him for as long as you can."

"And how the fuck am I supposed to do that!? Steal his sunglasses and play 'Keep Away' from him!?"

I closed my eyes—focusing all of my energy and concentrating hard for a moment to make the particular objects appear. Since we're inside my mind, I have control over our environment and everything within here. It's my mind after all, so it's high time I put my abilities to the test.

After I centralized my thoughts, I opened my eyes. Seeing a fully loaded T91 assault rifle appear in Alex's hands along with a bullet proof vest strapped around her chest, filled with pouches that are practically stuffed with ammo for the rifle. Alex glanced up at me; a familiar smirk decorating her lips.

"Laura, you know me so well," She affirmed, as she cocked the rifle. Aiming it right at the mirage of Dad.

"Less talking, more shooting sis!" I raised my voice at her, reminding Alex about her current task at hand.