Chapter 21

| 10:30 pm |

| 10:30 pm |

Laura's POV

While Tyler was sitting at the desk; going through most of Umbrella's archives in the mainframe system on the computer while I was pacing back and forth in the room. Waiting patiently for Chris to contact us while we were here, in this stuck-up security office.

I was starting to get worried about him and Piers, thinking that something bad could've happened to them. However, I'm only overreacting and I was well aware of that. Deep down, I knew that the guys were fully capable of taking care of themselves out there. They had each other to look after one another. 'What could go wrong?' I thought to myself.

"You alright Laura?" Tyler inquired, breaking my train of thought.

I glanced over at Tyler. Seeing him gaze up at me; concerned crossing his face.

"I'm fine Tyler, just waiting for Chris to contact us. That's all," I replied with a reassuring tone of voice, faking a smile.

As I directed my gaze over at Tyler, I noticed that he pulled up some old footage on the computer screen. Viewing the video from his seat. I walked up to Tyler while he sat at the desk, curious to know what he's been what to. I gazed down at the mainframe computer screen—seeing an old surveillance video being played from around precisely 7:30 am this morning.

I couldn't pinpoint the exact location of which sector the video feed was live-streaming from, but I knew for a fact that it was somewhere within the research facility. It was in some sort of large lobby area. A massive recreational lounge consisting of two long red leather sofas, four matching arm chairs, and four white birch end tables, surrounding a vast white birch coffee table.

Right up against the metal wall, below a small balcony, there were several bookcases. All filled with a variety of books, magazines, and other articles to read. To the left of the lounge, there's a little coffee bar; offering an assortment of drinks and snacks available to anyone passing by. On the right of the lounge, there's a wide staircase, connecting the first floor to the second floor with the balcony.

Everywhere within view, there were a lot of people out and about. A couple security guards with the black and yellow H.C.F. patch on their uniforms could been be seen posted all over the place. Mostly spotted leaning against the walls, manning the designated sector while holding their selected assault rifle in hand.

There were mostly scientists, researchers, and other doctors in the area. They were either walking from one place to another. Busy running errands, moving research equipment, getting to work, etc. Or, just relaxing in the lounge area while conversing with one another over a cup of coffee.