Chapter 33 - Part 2

***Flashback***

***Flashback***

March 13th, 2008
| 8:45 pm |

***3rd POV***

"On that night of the car crash incident, the hospital was more hectic and frenetic than ever. Doctors, nurses, surgeons, and other medical staff such as myself, were rushing and running all over the place. Tending and caring for countless patients that were involved in that crash. That night, Laura was admitted into my care.

She was treated for small lacerations on her forehead and cheeks, both internal and external lacerations located all over the upper half of her body. One of the major ones she had was caused by a large shard of a windshield that was embedded into the right side of her abdomen. The shard penetrated some of her vital organs—causing her to have massive internal bleeding and develop an infection. To make things worse, Laura lost so much blood, that she needed a blood transfusion as well.

However, the problem was that we didn't have any blood that matched her specific blood type. Which is O-, the rarest blood type out of all of them. The only blood type where it has to be matched exactly. In her case, her injuries were very serious. Without a transfusion, Laura's wounds wouldn't be able to heal properly and her body would slowly start to shut down. Killing her steadily over time. When I tried explaining her situation to her parents, her father only overreacted."

"What do you mean you can't help her!!! My daughter's dying as we speak, and all you're doing is standing here, telling me that there's nothing you can do to even save her!!!" Marco yelled at Dr. Rodriguez, as they were standing outside of Laura's hospital room in the hallway.

The man was very pissed off, 'cause his little girl was dying, and the doctor responsible for treating her was saying that there was nothing she could do at the moment to remedy her situation. Even thought Marco and his wife, Beatrice, were involved in the huge car crash, they came out of the event perfectly fine and unharmed. Not a scratch on them. All except for their young daughter.

When paramedics rushed her and her parents to the hospital, Dr. Rodriguez and her assistants were able to disinfect and stitch up all of her lacerations, remove the piece of the windshield that was fixed into her abdomen, and stop the internal bleeding all together. But Laura had already lost too much blood at that point.

"I'm sorry Mr. Rose, we ran out of O- blood, and we're currently having trouble locating a donor for your daughter. There's nothing else we can do to help her right now."

Why was Marco really angry and upset about the situation? Of course as a father, he loved his child very dearly. Any father would do anything for the safety and well-being of their child, but there's more to the story. The reason why Marco and Beatrice adopted Laura is because they couldn't have any children of their own.