Chapter 33 - Part 1

Leon's POV

Leon's POV

"Laura's in a coma?" Chris questioned the doctor, with a small but apparent troubled tone of voice.

"Yes Mr. Redfield," Dr. Rodriquez confirmed. "By medically inducing Laura into a coma, we were able to stabilize her entirely and stop the internal bleeding at the same time." Chris clenched his fists, as his jaw tightened.

"Why...? Was it really necessary to put my niece into a fucking goddamn coma!?" Chris questioned the woman, yelling loud enough only for her to hear. This anger completely evident now. He involuntarily punched the wall beside him, causing tiny cracks to form on the hard material.

"It was the only thing we could do in order to save her Mr. Redfield. You have to understand that Laura would've died right away on the operating table if we didn't induce her. Not only were her injuries were very severe, she had lost more than three pints of blood. Over half of her blood supply Mr. Redfield. That's how unstable she was. Laura was lucky enough to still be breathing when you guys brought her here. If it were any later, she would've been long gone by now," The doctor told all of us in a surprisingly calm tone, as her gaze slowly fell to the floor. "I'm sorry." Chris immediately calmed down—removing his blood stained gloved hand from the wall and unclenching his fists.

This came as a huge shock to all of us, including me. I didn't want to believe it, but it's true. Out of everything I've been through in the past fifteen years, this situation definitely tops it all of. Wesker is still alive. Missing along with my wife Claire. Maybe even dead for all I know. Now, my stepdaughter is in a coma, while still being pursued by an unknown enemy organization. And we're the only ones that can stop them before it's too late.

"Can we still see her?" I asked the doctor, while Chris woke up Emile and Tyler. Dr. Rodriguez glanced back up at us.

"Of course, follow me." Chris and I began following the doctor out of the waiting area and down the hallway—with everyone else trailing right behind us.

***

Eventually, we all arrive at Laura's hospital room. Located in the eastern wing of the hospital, on the fifth floor of the facility.

"I'll be back in about five minutes to check up on Laura. For now, I'll leave you guys alone and let you have your time with her," She said to us, before leaving the room.

Peering down at Laura, we all see her dressed in nothing but a light blue hospital gown and a temporary blue neck brace around her thin pale neck. Lying utterly still and seemingly lifeless in her hospital bed. With all kinds of cords and tubes taped and connected onto her, hooking her up to a heart monitor, life support, and a drip feed.