Chapter 12

***Author's Note***

OMG!!! I LOVE you guys so much right now!!! 💗💗💗 This story officially now has over 200 views!!! It may seem something very small to brag about, but it isn't to me...

Thanks everyone, for this soooo much. It means a lot to me, it really does. Now... back to the story.

❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈

Laura's POV

Rebecca took the lead—walking ahead with Moira and I following right behind her. While the three of us were searching for the little girl inside the police station, I had out my 9mm beretta in hand, Rebecca was scouting the area with her galil, and Moira had the switchblade I lended her.

It seemed like Rebecca was being a bit overprotective with me. Always making sure I was not too far behind her, but still close in proximity. After all, she did promise Chris that she would keep me safe at all times. And that's completely understandable though. As we continued on walking down the hallway, I whispered,

"Over here, I saw her go through here." I pointed over at the exact door.

Once we reached the door, we stop beside it. Moira and I positioned ourselves on both sides the door, with our backs leaned against the wall and our weapons in hand. We had to be cautious, careful, and always aware of our surroundings the whole time. Anything could happen while we're here. Especially with B.O.W.s crawling all over the city.

Once we're in position, Rebecca carefully grasped ahold of the door knob. Turning it slowly with her fingers and opening the door slowly. All of a sudden, Rebecca gasped, as someone from inside snatched ahold of her. Pulling her inside the room. When the door was about to close behind her, I moved from the wall and grabbed onto the door handle with both of my hands. Trying to pry open it all the way. Moira grabbed onto the side of door, her fingers gripping the edge of it a she kept jerking the door open.

With all of our combined might, we managed to open the door all the way—forcing our way into the room. With my 9mm Beretta in hand, I rushed first into the room, with Moira following right behind me. As we quickly scanned the conference room, I heard a gun cock behind my head.

In a fast stance, I turned around and threw my gun into the air. Very quickly, I grabbed the guy's wrist and twisted it very tightly. He groaned in pain, while I contorted his arm to a very painful degree. Once I managed to get him to drop his silver ghost handgun, I fiercely flip him over my back. Slamming him brutally onto the ground. And just in time, I catch the falling gun in mid air, aiming it at the guy laying on the ground.

"Laura...?" Tyler muttered, as he groaned in pain.

"Tyler...?" I stuttered. My eyes widening as I stared at him in total shock, as I holstered my handgun.