Chapter 24

| 10:54 pm |

| 10:54 pm |

Laura's POV

"How much further, Laura?" Tyler whispered to me, whilst the both of us continuously crawled through the dark, sizable air duct.

I peered down at the PDA screen in my hand—overlooking the coordinates on the GPS that the little girl sent us.

"We're almost there Tyler, just a couple more feet," I whispered back at him, just as I noticed rays of light coming from far ahead of us. Even with wearing the gadget-like shades. 'Thank god for the night vision mode on them, or else I would be about as blind as a bat crawling around in here.' I thought thankfully to myself.

Out of all the situations I've been in today, this one was by far the most uncomfortable. Not the air duct wasn't a tight fit or that it was too dark to see in, it was the fact that I could feel Tyler's eyes on me. In particular, on my ass. I was the one who decided to climb into the duct first, with him following right behind me. I'm starting to regret my decision a bit.

"Tyler, is there anything else you can look at that isn't my butt?" I questioned him, using a slightly annoyed tone of voice. Trying to not lose my temper.

"Calm down, Laura. I know that it's one of your pet peeves when it comes to anyone staring you inappropriately. Especially when they gaze at your bottom, but what else could we've done back there? Think about it Laura. Where we would be if didn't act fast and hadn't escaped through here?"

'He's right though. We would've been in a hell lot more trouble if we hadn't chosen to escape through the duct like the young girl suggested to. Can't blame him for that.'

"Besides, you really do have a cute butt," Tyler smirked.

Halting for a moment in the duct, I lifted my right leg and kicked Tyler in the shoulder in a punitive manner. As a warning. He unpleasantly groaned in pain, wincing when my thick-soled boot came into contact with his clothed shoulder.