Chapter 19

(Background Music ~ Resident Evil Soundtrack 1. Prologue & Main Title - Marco Beltrami)

 Prologue & Main Title - Marco Beltrami)

| 9:58 pm |

Laura's POV
-(Start Song Here)-
'Damn! That needle hurt like a bitch when it pierced my thumb. It was pretty thick too! Ada didn't mention that the locking mechanism was DNA encoded as well, but I was going to find out eventually. So I shouldn't really be complaining about it. Besides, there are more important matters to be worry about than my thumb. I need to be more focused on finding Mom, and making sure that all of us get the hell out of here alive. That's what matters right now.'

After I was done sucking my thumb, I put my combat glove back on. Fixing my AK-12 223 in hand—checking to see if it was fully locked and loaded. During the elevator ride, all the guys were chatting among one another. Talking about something. I thought at first that it was pertaining me, since I heard them mention my name a couple of times, but I was more focused on checking my rifle than listening to their conversation. Besides, I'm not the type of person that usually eavesdrops on everybody's conversations. Only when I spy on them, for certain reasons that concern me, or whenever I'm bored.

"Laura," I shifted my gaze towards my uncle. "There's something I need to talk about with you."

"Sure. What's up?"

"This facility we're going to... it will very likely be extremely dangerous to maneuver through."

"How so?" I inquired.

"I know, because I went to a couple myself before. Laura, this isn't the first I've gone into an Umbrella facility. From my experience in the past, these research facilities usually are crawling with all kinds of B.O.W.s, and other monstrosities their researchers have created and reproduced."

"You mean B.O.W.s that are bigger and more bad than the ones we saw roaming all over Seattle?"

He nodded his head. "Yes, that's exactly what I mean Laura," Chris replied. His startling utterance made me recall about the time I saw those enormous, green lizard reptile-like B.O.W.s on TV once when I was seven years old. While the NTS news station was broadcasting live about the Terragrigia Panic that took place nine years ago.

Despite my abnormally calm and untroubled composure, it freaked the hell out of me when I was a kid. Seeing a unearthly creature something like, that would endlessly slaughter anyone and anything in its path, without any hesitation or mercy at all. Just thinking about the different kinds of B.O.W.s that Umbrella could've created without us knowing sent multiple chills down my spine. Now I'm starting to see why their involvement in most of the bio-terror outbreaks were covered up.