Chapter 48

***Author's Note***

Hey y'all! 👋 How ya doing?

I can't believe it's 2019, it feels like it's still 2018 to me. And speaking of this year, Resident Evil 2 Remake comes out in less than two weeks! ❤️🖤 *Squeals like a fangirl* I'm so hyped up for it, I can't wait to get my hands on the game. 😈 I just played the demo that was released on Xbox One last Friday, and I couldn't get enough of it! Despite the difficulty I was experiencing with aiming, I still enjoyed playing as baby Leon. 👶☺️

Here were my results for the trial:

Anyways, enjoy the next update on Laura's road to recovery

Peace out peeps! ✌🏻

❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈

Laura's POV

"You know, you didn't have to bring me along with you," I pointed out with a blunt tone of voice, tilting my back against my car seat with an open book in hand.

"What were we supposed to do? We couldn't just leave you by yourself at the house," Uncle Chris affirmed, keeping his eyes on the road ahead of him and his hands clutching the steering wheel.

"You're saying that as if I'm actually a six years old instead of sixteen," I stated using an annoyed tone of voice, keeping my eyes directed on the page I'm reading.

'Seriously, I wish Uncle Chris would stop treating me like a child. I understand that he's being overprotective and all, but is it really necessary...? I just wish he would tone it down it a bit...' I thought to myself, turning to the next page of my book.

The instant I heard my phone go off in my jean pocket, I placed the bookmark back in the book, setting it down beside before digging out my smartphone. I unlocked my cellular device, instantly seeing that I got a recent notification; a text message from Emile. I opened up the messages app on my iPhone, reading my best friend's text.