Chapter 27

***Author's Note***

Summer is over, and once again it's back to school for me. 😡 Ugh!!! *Mentally rants about going to school* That means publishing chapters will be slower than usual. Don't forget to comment & like!

Peace out peeps! ✌🏻

❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈

| 11:17 pm |

Chris's POV

As Leon and I entered the large spacious room, we peered all around the darkened area. Taking in our new surroundings. We couldn't see much at all, due to how dark it was in here. Almost pitch black. The only source of light in the room were small red rays coming from a large rectangular window. Shining down upon us, from high up on the metal wall on the right of us. I turn on the flashlight at the end of my rifle, while Leon turned on his tiny flashlight connected to his ear piece and the one on his gun too.

As we began exploring and investigating the room, we haven't found Laura or Tyler, or any signs of them being here. If I knew any better, we were in some kind of testing room. Making the room with the window connected to this one some sort of control room. 'This could be a trap.'

All of the walls, including the floor, are made out of some sort of metallic-based material. With tiny speakers and security cameras hung up all over the area. The speakers were fixed in all of the top corners on the ceiling above us. Along with a mini, but noticeable projector attached a metal rod that's suspended from the ceiling. On the right of us, there's a metal staircase—leading up to another door located to the right of the window.

Lastly, there were several reinforced cages built into the walls all around us. The sounds of inhumane moans and groans can be heard from inside most of the cages. The only thing separating us from whatever maybe trapped inside, were the numerous thick metal bars.

While we were observing our surrounds, we began hearing violent screeching and the sound of gunshots coming from the control room on the right of us. I was surprised even more, when Leon and I caught a glimpse of both Piers and his brother Tyler inside the room.

I instantly felt relieved knowing that Piers and Tyler are alive and okay. But that's not all. Not only did I see them, I caught of glimpse of a Hunter... 'Ugh, not one of those things. I hate Hunters. Oh no... If they're in there, Laura must be with them too. Oh shit, they're in deep trouble!'

"Chris, come on! We have to hurry!" Leon stated, as we promptly started rushing our way over towards the stairs. "They're in trouble, and Laura's is inside with them!"