Chapter 33 - Part 3

***3rd POV***

***3rd POV***

There was one more thing Wesker needed to do before he could leave. He needed to take of Dr. Rodriquez. Wesker already knew that she was well aware of his presence and that she's still here. Inside the hospital. He spotted her following him down the hallway earlier, but he didn't want to give it away. Not yet at least.

Wesker turned left down the pristine, dimly lit, hallway. Proceeding to track down Dr. Rodriquez's by following her scent. Relying on his inhuman sense of smell and hearing to pinpoint her location within the facility.

"It didn't take me long to realize how much in danger all of us were in. Including Laura and rest of the patients on the floor. So I knew right away that I needed to get help. And fast."

While he was closing in on her, Isabelle was darting down the hallway. Heading straight for the security office, located in the east wing of the fifth floor. While the doctor running for her life, she dug her cellphone out of her pocket. Isabelle began dialing 911, but the call didn't go through for some reason. She glanced down at the screen—noticing that there's no cell service in the area at all.

Isabelle cursed under her breath at the inconvenience, and shoved her phone back inside her pocket. "¡Mierda!"

"When I found out that there was cell service in the area, I did the next best thing."

The moment she reached the office, Isabelle opened the door and silently closed it behind her. Locking it in the process. Turning around, Isabelle spotted Mike. One of the security guards—snoring and sleeping peacefully on a top of the keyboard on the desk. With drool trickling down his chin from the side of his mouth.

His body was slumped against the table, while sitting comfortably on the chair. Next to him on the floor, laid his shattered Patriots mug. With coffee spilled all over the navy blue carpet. Leaving numerous dark and queer alcoholic scented stains on the floor beneath him. Right next to the keyboard on the desk, was a small bottle of Jim Beam's. More than half of it was empty. Isabelle rushed over to the large man—shaking his shoulder in an attempt to wake him up.

"Mike. Mike! Wake up!" She quietly yelled at him. "¡Despierta tu estúpido!"

No matter how hard she tried, the drunk security guard was out like a light. It was gonna be a long awhile before the guard would wake up. 'Seriously Mike!? Couldn't you have chosen a better time than now to drink on the job!'

Her thoughts were cut short when she heard the sounds of large deliberate footsteps. Treading and echoing out in the hallway. Becoming more and more audible the by second, with each step he took. '¡Mierda! He's coming. I have to hide quickly before he finds me!' Isabelle thought to herself, as she glanced down at Mike's utility belt. Eyeing the firearm in his holster in particular.