Chapter 36

Laura's POV

Laura's POV

"...Oh my god, Claire watch out...!

...But Piers, where's Claire...? Where's my mother...?

  ...Laura watch out...!

...Dammit...!

  ...As long as we stick together, and we're more cautious and careful from here on out, we'll be fine. We have to stay strong—no matter what happens down here...

...They also discovered that Alpha team's very own leader—Albert Wesker—was actually a scientist and double agent who used to work for Umbrella...

  ...Hold on Laura! We're coming...!

...Shit...!

  ...Laura, Tyler, this way...!

...Mom...!

  ...Laura...I'm so sorry. I'm a horrible mother...

  ...Laura you gotta stay awake. You can't pass out on us now...

...Even if you were able to fool them, you won't be able to fool me. Daughter...

  ...You may be my father, but that doesn't mean I have to be anything like you...

...Even if we're not bound by blood Laura, I still love and care about you. Like any father would for his daughter...

  ...You we're my dream Laura. Both you and Alex...

...Mom!!! Dad!!! No..."

I gasped, instantly sitting upright in my bed. Tiny drops of sweat trickled down my face, as I awoke from my hellish nightmare. I sighed in relief, realizing that it was just a dream. 'Thank god it was just a dream. The weirdest dream I've had by far...'

"No more binge watching "Day of the Dead: Bloodline" before bedtime for me," I chuckled to myself, shaking my head for a moment.

'But that dream felt so... real.' I was practically convinced that it actually happened. I directed my gaze towards the partially covered window—seeing numerous rays of sunshine peer through it. Illuminating different parts of my bedroom with bright sunlight.

I rolled over in my bed and grabbed my phone off my end table—checking the date and time. Finding out that today September 28th, my birthday, and that it's currently 7:24 am. Dad should be already up and ready to head to work here soon, while Mom is taking the whole day off from work. To stay home with me and decorate the house for my sweet sixteen party tonight.

I threw back the covers, hopping out of bed. I quickly changed into a pair of black leggings and a navy blue and black plaid button up shirt, then put my hair up into a high ponytail. With my bangs combed neatly to the side, and tucked behind my ears. I walked toward my window—drawing the curtain back and briefly looking outside at our stunning neighborhood. Overlooking the busy streets of Raccoon City, before turning around and heading downstairs.