Chapter 46

(Background Music ~ Not Alone - Red)

Laura's POV

Twenty-five hours later, we finally arrived at Washington DC; the heart of the whole country itself. Once Leon and I said our goodbyes to Hunnigan, disembarked the jet, grabbed all of our luggage from the baggage claim area, and exited the airport, the two of us began making our way through the parking lot.

We gradually headed towards Leon's blue 2013 Chevrolet Camaro, parked very close to the airport's main entrance. I wheeled myself across the parking lot, continuously turning the wheels fixed onto the wheelchair while my stepfather was pushing the luggage trolley across the parking lot.

All while my stepfather was busy unloading all of our luggage from the trolley and into the trunk, I was sitting quietly in the passenger's seat of the vehicle, texting Tyler on my smartphone and informing him that I just arrived in DC.

———————————————
From: Laura
To: Tyler (Tylerific)
3:18pm

Hey Bae, I just arrived in DC with Leon. I'm so glad that the plane ride is over though... even though I slept appallingly through most of it. 😩
———————————————

It wasn't very long until Tyler texted me back.

———————————————
From: Tyler (Tylerific)
To: Laura
3:19pm

Did you have that horrendous nightmare again?
———————————————

I couldn't help but sigh, texting him back and answering his question.

———————————————
From: Laura
To: Tyler (Tylerific)
3:21pm

Yes, for the THIRD fucking time in the row now. Tyler, this isn't like any ordinary nightmare I had before. I know for a fact that it isn't real, but it still scares the absolute hell out of me.

Every single time...

I always end up waking up, with tear-filled eyes. 😢

Eventually it'll get to the point where I'll scream and thrash around violently in my sleep. Leon already to wake me up twice during the plane ride; consoling me and preventing me from hurting myself even further. I thought that this problem would resolve itself on its own, however, it's only gotten worse I'm afraid.
———————————————

After a minute or so had passed, I received another message from my boyfriend.

———————————————
From: Tyler (Tylerific)
To: Laura
3:22pm