Chapter 17

Laura's POV

Laura's POV

Finally...

After several hours of walking, running, along with battling a lot of B.O.W.s and other horrendous creatures, we're now actually on our way to find my mother. And get her back. I was very determined to find to her, very intent on finding the son of a bitch who had the guts to take her captive.

With the last of my adoptive family now gone, Mom and Uncle Chris are the only other family I had left now. Being bounded by blood. 'I just hope that Emile and the others make it out okay before it's too late.' I thought to myself, while gazing out the car window. Staring at my seemingly apocalyptic surroundings.

I looked away from the window and glanced down at the watch on my wrist, checking the current time. It's 9:31pm right now. Therefore, we have about less than three hours to find Mom, then head towards the evac location before half past midnight. The clock's now ticking. While Ada was driving, she began to explain to Tyler and I where Mom was currently being held. What she herself knew about our troubling situation.

According to Ada, my mother Claire was being held captive in an underground Umbrella Research facility. Located right beneath the Space Needle. Out all the places, I never thought an Umbrella facility would be located right underneath one of the most popular tourist attractions in western Washington. I knew very little about the old pharmaceutical company. Only that it was shut down many years ago for some reason. That reason was covered up entirely by the U.S government, never to be revealed to the public. Despite that fact, Ada didn't really know exactly why Mom and I were being targeted, but she thinks it's because of our genetic relations with my newfound uncle Chris. A guy who's clearly loved dearly by this friends and comrades, but truly hated by his enemies.

"Speaking of Chris, I'm gonna call and let him know where we're heading," I spoke up, digging around my jacket pockets for my PDA.

"That sounds like a good idea, now that you have time to," Tyler agreed.

I grabbed the cellular device out of my leather jacket, dialing his number. 'I hope that he's okay along with everybody else.' I had a feeling that things were only gonna get more difficult from here on out. I held the PDA gently against my ear, while was ringing consistently. I sighed.

"Come on, come on... Please pick up," I mumbled quietly to myself, waiting patiently. After a little bit, he finally picked up.

"Hello?! Rebecca you there?!" Chris inquired over the PDA, using a frantic tone of voice. Thinking it was Rebecca, not his niece.

"Chris, it's me Laura," I clarified.

"Hey kiddo, are you alright!? Where are you!?"

"I'm fine Chris, and so is everyone else. I'm calling you to let you know that I'm heading to the Space Needle right now," I notified him.