Chapter 10

***Author's Note***

Hey guys!!!!

I would like to thank everyone who has read and voted on this story so far. I appreciate it all so much!!! You have no idea about how grateful I feel right now because of you readers...

And by the way, I won't be publishing the next chapter next week. But I definitely will the week after that. Don't forget to like & comment!

Peace out homies! ✌🏻

❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈❧❈

***Flashback***

July 15th, 2013
| 2:10 pm |

Chris's POV

It's been two weeks since Piers's death. His funeral was held shortly after the viral outbreaks in China and here in the U.S. Like any respectable soldier, I went to his committal with my wife Jill, and our three year-old son, Nathan. Not only did we come, Helena, Sherry, Jake, Claire, and her husband Leon attended as well. A way of paying their respects to my former co-captain.

While we were all there, I could see how devastated Piers's parents were at his funeral—over their eldest son's death. Especially his fourteen year old little brother, Tyler, trying his best to remain calm through of this. All of their eyes were unconditionally filled with tears, as Mrs. Nivans cried and wept uncontrollably into her husband's chest, clutching onto his waist.

Mr. Nivans gently held his wife close to his chest, resting his chin on the top of her head. With tears pouring down his wrinkled cheeks. As I gazed over at the three of them, guilt clouding my features, I couldn't help but wonder what could of happened if Piers hadn't saved me from myself.

If it wasn't for him, I would have probably remained a lost alcoholic—wandering around in the outskirts of Eastern Europe for the rest of my life. I wouldn't have been able to remember my friends, my family, everything. I wouldn't have been able to return to the B.S.A.A. or continue the fight against bioterrorism, despite how much I wanted to retire from the battlefield. Most importantly, I wouldn't have been the father my son needed in his life, and the same loving and caring husband to my loving wife Jill.

 Most importantly, I wouldn't have been the father my son needed in his life, and the same loving and caring husband to my loving wife Jill