Chapter 39

SHAWN'S P.O.V.
Today is the day that I take Jasmine on our date. I've been planning it for a while now and I've asked my parents and Jasmine's parents for a lot of advice.

I'm taking her on a picnic to watch the sunset because she loves to see the sky change colors. I already know Jasmine's going to like it. Like I said before, we've known each other since we were babies.

S- Shawn  J- Jasmine

S- I'm taking u out tonight

J- where?

S- somewhere

J- a surprise😑

S- you'll like it

J- how do u know I will?

S- bc I know

J- why do you seem so confident?

S- why do you keep asking so many questions😫

J- bc I like annoying u😝

S- just be ready by 6:30 ok?

J- fine

............

So right now it's 4:30 and I have about two hours till my date with Jazz. I took a long nap so I have some energy. I go ahead and head into the bathroom.

I head into the shower and brush my teeth. I put on a red and black flannel with a black shirt underneath, and black skinny jeans. I fix my hair in its usual quiff, put on cologne, and head downstairs. That took about an hour so it's around 5:30.

I have to go to the area and set up the picnic and Brian's going to meet me there. Brian, my parents, and Jasmine's parents are the only ones that know what's going on. I hop inside my jeep and drive.

Brian and I set up the picnic and I stand back and take a look at it and smile.

"You think she's going to like it?"I ask Brian.

I know I said that I knew Jazz was going to like it, but it's getting closer and closer to 6:30 and I'm getting more and more nervous.

"Of course she will. You have her favorite foods and snacks, and you said yourself that you know she's going to like it. What's wrong now?"he asks.

"I'm nervous,"I say and shove my hands in my pockets.

"Don't worry too much, just think positive,"he says putting a hand on my shoulder and I sigh and nod.

JASMINE'S P.O.V.
So Shawn's taking me on a date today. Shawn's been waiting for this ever since we told each other how we feel about each other, and that was a while ago.

I'm kind of excited because I want him to make us official. We have all these cute moments and what's the point of having them if we're not dating.

It's about 4:30 right now so I better get ready. I put on skinny jeans, a maroon sweatshirt that says 'do you like me? Yes or No?', and my all black vans.

I put my hair in a sort of neat bun and put on a maroon stretchy headband. I put on my normal makeup, which is concealer and mascara, and check my phone.