Chapter 42

SHAWN'S P.O.V.
I've been thinking about what Jasmine told me on our date a couple days ago. She told me that I should make singing my career. I'm not completely sure about it, but I kind of like that idea.

I do post covers on vine and I get several likes. I have several followers on Vine, Twitter, and Instagram. People liked my singing so much that I'm Magcon. There's one set back though, who's going to sign me? Not everyone thinks I'm a good singer. What if no one signs me? What if singing doesn't work out for me?

Ok I need to stop worrying myself. There are plenty of other jobs in the world..........but u really like singing.

I sigh and just stay laying down staring up at the ceiling. I should start posting on YouTube, there's a whole bunch of people on there.

My mom bought my sister a camera last year for Christmas since she really wanted one. I head into her room to see her on her phone.

"Can I use your camera?"I ask leaning against her door.

"What are you using it for?"she asks.

"I'm going to film a video of my singing a song and post it on YouTube,"I say.

"Since when do you use YouTube?"she asks.

"Since now,"I say.

She got off her bed and went into her closet. She came back out with a black camera and handed it to me.

"Be careful or your buying me a new one,"she says and I nod and head back into my room.

I set the camera up and grab my guitar from the corner of my room. I press record, do my introduction, and start singing.

................

My video is finally done being edited. It took me a while and some advice from Aaliyah, but it's all good. I post it and post about it on social media so people know it's up there.

After a couple minutes, I get a text. I look over and see a text from Jazz.

J- I see u posted a cover on yt, what made u do that?

S- I felt like it, u told me that I should try and make singing my career so I'm trying to reach as many people as I can to make that happen

J- I didn't think would actually listen to me, like since when do u do that?

S- since now, do u like?

J- yeah it's great, and the views and likes are going up

S- really?

J- yeah go check it out

I refresh the page and see that I have about  3,000 views, about 2,000 likes, and some dislikes.

S- well that was quick

J- this is going good for u

S- ikr

J- well I gtg but I'll talk to u later

S- bye muffin buddy

J- bye cuddle buddy✌️

Jasmine and I started calling each other that a couple days ago.

"Shawn,"I head and I look at my doorway to see my mom standing there.

"Did you go Christmas shopping yet?"she asks.

Oh god. I almost forgot about that. Jasmine and I always get each other something. I check the date on my phone to see that it's the 23. Talk about last minute Christmas shopping.

"I almost forgot, I'll go right now,"I say and change.

I head downstairs and grab my coat and put it on. I head outside and hop into my car. I call Brian and put him on speaker since I'm driving.

"Hello?"

"Hey Brian, I need you to go Christmas shopping with me,"I say.

"Your just now going shopping?"he asks.

"Yeah I forgot,"I say.

"Ok fine I'll come,"he says.

"Great, I'll pick you up and a couple minutes, I'm driving right now,"I say.

"Ok bye,"he says and hangs.

I couple minutes later I pull into Brian's driveway. He comes out a couple seconds later. Normally when he nows I'm picking him up, I don't have to let him know that I'm outside.

We head to the mall and we go straight to Pandora. I want to get Jasmine something special since we're dating now.

"Hello gentlemen, is there anything I can help you with?"a middle age man says to us.

"Um yeah, I'm looking for a promise ring for my girlfriend,"I say. It kind of feels weird saying girlfriend.

"Sure, I have several beautiful rings over here,"he smiles and he leads Brian and I over to the rings.

I see one instantly catch my eye. I know Jasmine will like that.

"Brian look,"I say and point to the ring I want to get.

"Ooooh she will definitely like that,"he says.

The man opens the glass and hands me the ring. I examine it and smile.

"I'll take it,"I say not even looking at the price and the man smiles at me.

Another thing catches my eyes and I see a necklace. It has a sparkly infinity sign on it. It also comes with a pair of earrings.

"Hold on, I'll take those too,"I say smiling at the necklace and earrings and the man rings me up.

"Your girlfriend is a lucky girl,"the man smiles and I return it and Brian and I head out.

The price comes up to $320. Jasmine must never know how much this costs because she doesn't like when I buy her really expensive stuff.

"Jasmine's not going to like how much that ring, necklace, and earrings costed,"Brian says.

"That's exactly why I'm not telling her,"I smile and we continue shopping.

Brian and I finish shopping around 6:00, buying everyone else stuff. I drop Brian off at his house and head back home.

"What did you buy at Pandora?"my dad asks me looking at the bag.

"A ring, necklace, and earrings for Jasmine,"I say and show him. He smiles in approval and I put them all back in the bag.

(A/N, so Shawn's trying to make singing his career😏 and he also bought a promise ring for Jasmine and an infinity necklace AND a pair of infinity earrings that he's sure she'll love👌 The next chapter will be the last chapter and it will be great👌thx for 33k reads🎉)