Chapter 3: wake up

"Jade"

"Jade"

"Jade!"

I was fast asleep as I heard someone yelling my name and shaking me to wake up. I then felt some cold liquid crawl down my hair and neck. I shot my eyes open as I got up.

"What's your problem!?" I yelled at my brother, Jace that held a cup of water in his hands.

"Wake up" he said casually.

"Why!?" I said in an annoyed tone.

"What else? School." He said in a duh tone.

"Leave me alone!" I groaned in annoyance as he rolled his eyes and left my room.

After about 10 minutes I finally decided to wake up and get dressed. I removed the covers off my body as it made me shiver in the cold air. I made my way to my closet as I pulled out a pair of black jeans and a black hoodie that had a quote written on the left ~we were born to be real not to be perfect. The quote was really inspiring and was written in white. I put on my black and white converse as I picked up my bag from the corner of my room and walked out. I had already missed the bus so I decided to walk to school. I let the cold air make its way through my long brown hair that I had put in a high pony tail. I lit out a cigarette as I walked, watching the smoke dance in the cold air. I kept smoking until I threw the cigarette on the gravel ground as I crushed it. I continued to walk knowing I was already late, it doesn't surprise me, it's not the first time.

Arriving at school I made my way through the thin halls and to the secretariat. I walked in to see a woman sitting behind her large desk as she was typing something on her computer.

"You're late?" She said in a questioning tone. I nodded a 'yes' as she gave me a slip. I took it and walked to my first class. Chemistry. I walked through the halls until I got to class, I opened the door as everyone's eyes shot up and had their attention all on me.

"Miss Williams you're late!" The chemistry teacher yelled out.

"It's not the first time and it's certainly not the last." I faked smiled. I put the slip on his desk and walked to an empty seat. The teacher continued with the lesson as I looked out the window. I suddenly got bored and took out my phone. I started scrolling down on my social medias as the teacher suddenly yelled my name.

"Jade! No cellphones allowed in class!" He said. I was now really annoyed.

"Well, do you see my face?" I said annoyed. He stared at me confused. "This is my 'I don't care, stop talking to me' face" I said gesturing to my face.

"Miss Williams please put your turn off your phone before I confiscate it." He said. I was now having fun arguing with him and everyone waited for an answer, I can't disappoint the audience now, can I? I fake smiled.

"What if I don't want to turn my phone off?" I said as I sat back, crossing my arms under my chest.

"Then you can make your way out of my class!" He said. He was now mad and it was amusing me. I got out of my seat keeping a smile on my face as I picked my books up and walked towards him.

"Thank you! I'be always wanted to not attend hours of you talking about things that no one here understands but you." I said and made my way to the white board and erased everything he had just wrote. I smiled walking out as his face was now red.

"Jade Williams! Go to the principles office! NOW!" I heard him yell as he shut the door to his class.

Aw how cute he thinks I'm going to the principles office. Think again. I smiled walking out the front doors. I honestly didn't care if I had detention for a week or two, it's kind of fun messing around with the teachers, I mean I wake up first thing in the morning and you expect me to be in a good mood and listen during your class, I barely listen to my brother and best friend!

I walked a good distance from school as I lit another cigarette. I've gotten addicted to it, it helps me stay calm. I let out the smoke as I stood in the cold air. I looked at the time on my phone and saw that the bell will ring in 10 minutes. I made my way back to the school. I walked inside right on time. Time to mess with some other teachers.
I walked to my math class as I sat at my usual spot, left corner, next to the window. I was in the last row as Dina was beside me and Daniel was in front of me. I smiled at Dina as she returned it with a wider smile. The teacher started teaching as I drew on the papers I had. The teacher than approached my desk and picked up the paper that had my drawing on it.

"This." She said waving the paper in my face. "You can do at home." She said with her sassy attitude. I got annoyed by her action and also I don't like this teacher as I talked back at her.

"This." I said taking back the paper from her hand and waving it in her face . "We do when we're in a class like yours." The teachers eyes widened as I continued. "But you're right,they're too interesting to be drawn in a boring class like yours." I said as I fake smiled.

"Williams!" She said. Now she was mad.

"That's me!" I smiled. Everyone's eyes were on us now as they waited to see what will happen.

"Detention!" She said. I sat back as my eyes were locked with hers as we stared at each other. She was mad but I was just amused.

"Please do exercise five and six page 36. " she announced as everyone started to do their work. I finished the exercise in seconds as it was really easy.

Daniel turned around and looked at me as he looked confused. "Can you help me with them." He asked gesturing to the work. I nodded as he turned around with his chair. I explained the problem and how he had to calculate it as he looked like he understood everything.

"Wow thanks." He smiled. "Why are you always acting this way?" He said raising a brow as he smirked.

"Why are you asking?" I asked.

"I asked first." He said as I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Because it's fun." I simply said. He smiled as he locked his eyes with mine.

"Wanna challenge?" He said smirking. I looked at him confused as he stared at me.

"Sure." I said. Let's have a little fun.

"I dare you to be a good girl for a month." He said. I raised a brow.

"Fine. But on one condition." I said.

"What?" He said amused.

"You have to be the bad boy. The biggest bad boy in school." I smirked. He leaned back on his chair smirking.

"Fine." He said.

"What's the catch?" I said.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"What if one of us loses?" I said.

"They have to do the other persons work for the rest of the year." He smirked. I hesitated at first but then smirked.

"Game on." I said.

He smirked and turned back to his seat.

I hope I won't lose this...