Chapter 12: seperated hearts

Song: stone cold
Singer: Demi lovato
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Same old day kept going on. I started e the school band and dance team. I got the singing role and made my way to dance practice as I picked up my tank top and shorts. I walked in the girls locker rooms as I put on my cloths and walked out in the gym where the team was stretching. I sat on the ground as I stretched my legs. Daniel and i haven't talked all morning. The date was yesterday but it feels like it just happened. I still don't like to see him with Madison but I kept telling myself that I had to be happy for them and anyways I have Austin. He's been great.
Our dance coach came in as she started passing out a few papers.
"Hi everyone. I'm coach Joanna, I'll be choreographing and get you guys ready for shows and competitions.We'll decide on a song after warm up." She said as I looked at the papers. "For now I'll give you your positions. I need you guys to dance solo just to know on which row I'm going to put you on. Just pick out a song from the list and start by name order. The first name I have on my list is Madison." She smiled. Madison walked to the middle as she picked out her song. She started dancing. She was very flexible and did beautiful high jumps. Is this girl even bad at something. She's so perfect. She finished as she breathed took a pose, breathing heavily. Other girls and boys started dancing until my name was named. Honestly they were all so good that I think she'll even kick me out of the team. She called out my name as I walked the the middle picking out a song. The song I picked was, stone cold by Demi lovato. The song was a slow song but I picked the song because it described what I felt. When I was dancing I was basically expressing myself. I suddenly sang along to the chorus of the song because I really felt the lyrics, the part that I loved the most and that I related the most is I was your amber but now she's Your shade of gold. The song ended as I stood in the middle breathing heavily. Everyone clapped, but there was this one clap that I heard from across the room. I turned around to see Daniel. He just stood there with an emotionless face. He was leaning against the door. I felt tears boiling up my eyes as I saw Madison jumps into his arms and him smiling to her as he pulled her up and as he buried his face in her shoulder. I looked away trying  to forget. They were even there. I walked away as i saw coach Joanna writing things down.
"Okay everyone." Coach Joanna said as everyone came towards her Daniel just sat on the chair in the corner.
"Front row: Madison, Kimberly, Johnny, Jason and Jade." She said. She annoyed the second and third row and we all took our places as we stood in the order she put us in. I was between Johnny and Jason while Madison was the first in the row. She announced the song for the group dance, duet, and solo. "The competitions are next month so we have to work hard to win against the other teams. Solos will be announced next practice. She started explaining how it will go and wanted us to show everything we got. The practise finally finished and we walked to take our stuff and change. I walked away. I took my stuff not looking if Madison and Daniel were together or if they were gone. I walked towards the schools front doors as I walked out. I started walking as I realized I was wearing shorts and it was freezing outside. I started walking back to the school to get changed, but bumped into Daniel.
"I'm sorry." I said as I continued to walk. He held my wrist as he pulled me back in front of him. I stood as my eyes widened.
"Why?" He asked.
"Why?" I asked confused.
"Why are you dating Austin?" He asked.
"Why are you dating Madison?" I asked him back.
"Because I like her." He said emotionless.
"No you don't."
"Answer my question." He said in a demanding tone.
"Just because I stopped being the bad girl here doesn't mean you can control me, mr. Bad boy." I snapped back.
"Just. Answer. The. Damn. Question." He said back in an even more demanding tone.
"Because I like him."
"No you don't."
"How can you prove it?"
"Because I know you."
"You don't know the first thing about me." I snapped. He raised a brow but not in a happy playful look.
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah."
"Really? Because I thought we were friends." He said making gestures at the word friends.
"Oh really? Friends. Well honestly you haven't been acting a bit the same from the first time I saw you, you started dating this girl and you suddenly leave and never talk to me  but all of a sudden you want your questions to be answered!" I snapped.
"You're jealous." He smirked.
"No I'm not jealous if i were I wouldn't be here yelling at you! I care about us! I care about our relationship! But if you think that I'm jeal-" I got cut off by him gripping my neck from the back and pulling my face into his as he smashed his lips into mine. I wanted to let go but he wrapped his arms around my waist as he put on a hard grip so I wouldn't go.
"Don't go." He pulled away his lips from mine as his arms were still wrapped around my waist.
"What?" I asked.
"I don't want you to go with Austin."
"Then why did you go with Madison."
"Because I thought you didn't have any feelings for me when you called us friends."
"That's stupid." He chuckled at my words.
"I'm sorry." I said.
"For what?" He asked.
"I can't do this."
"What do you mean?"
"I can't be with you."
"Why?"
"Because I'm with Austin."
"Well tell him how you feel."
"I can't."
"Why?"
"Because I'm scared you'd be using me."
"Why would I use you?"
"Just the way you used Madison."
"No come on don't think that way."
"You were going to break up with her after this right ?"
"Yeah I promis I will. Just don't leave."
"I'm sorry. I don't want to be the reason of your break up."
"But you're not!"
"No Daniel, it's not fair. Not to her."
"But we have feelings for each other."
"Yeah but you can't just use girls like that. I don't know maybe tomorrow you will fall for someone else and break up with me in a week for that person."
"That will never happen."
"How are you so sure."
"Because I love you."
"You said the same thing about Madison two minutes ago."
"That was just to get you jealous."
"See, that's exactly what I mean."
"Come on, don't be this way."
"I'm sorry but I'm too weak to have my heart broken more than it already is. "
"Austin might break you're heart."
"Yeah but if he does at least I know I wasn't being used." I felt tears boiling up my eyes as I walked away. I started walking faster and faster every time a tear strolled down my face. I changed into my jeans and walked back out. This time there was no sign of Daniel so I was walking calmly as I cried.