Chapter 16: letters and messages

Song: la camisa negra (Spanish song)
Singer: jaunes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Class was boring as always. I walked to my Spanish class as I sat beside Nick one of Daniels best friends. He was writing on his note book something as he ripped the paper and threw it at a girl. That girl was Kimberly. One of the shy girls. He winked at her as she blushed. She sent a quick nod smiling, a satisfied look splashed across Nicks face.
"Hey." I said smiling at him.
"Oh hey! What's up." He said.
"Nothing really. Kimberly huh?" I said smiling at him.
"Yeah. She's cute. I just asked her if she'd like to be my date for the dance this Friday.." he said as the Spanish teacher walked in.
"Hola everyone." She said with her Spanish accent.
"Hola!" The class yelled out.
"Vamos hoy a comenzar a aprender algo nuevo." She started to talk in Spanish. She explained some exercises and then put on a some Spanish music. One of my favourite Spanish songs la camisa negra.
I started enjoying the music as it played and as I did my work. I glanced at Nick who was singing along even though he had no idea what the lyrics meant. Nick is australien by the way but his mom is Colombian so that's why he's in Spanish class instead of German. I took this class cause Spanish is just easy. The Spanish teacher was very young so she stood up and started dancing to the song as she pulled Nick up to dance with her. Nick was a real good dancer so we were just in the middle of class watching the Spanish teacher and Nick tango to the song. Awkward. Did I mention that most of the guys in this class have a crush on the Spanish teacher. I rolled my eyes at the thought. The bell rang after the big fiesta in the class ended. I walked out holding my books in my hand I walked to my locker as I put in my combination. Opening the locker I placed the books inside and picked up my gym bag as I walked to the girls locker rooms. I got out of my sweater and jeans and put on some dark black yoga pants and a white tank top. I walked out as I put on my sport shoes and put my bag in one of the lockers. I walked to be met with Tyler and Kai chatting.
"No dude the game was lit they won 3-0." Kai said as Tyler had an annoyed look spread across his face.
"Whats up guys?" I said as I crossed my arms.
"Sports." Kai simply said. The sport teacher came in with a ball in his hands.
"OKAY EVERYONE GET OVER HERE!" He yelled with his loud voice.
We all approached him.
"We are going to do a 10 minute cardio and then will do some dodge ball." I sighed. I got into position to run, when I saw Daniel walk through the door. I ignored my thoughts as we started to run. I kept running as I kept sweating. Daniel started running beside me.
"So are You going to hang out with us and get to know us today?" He said as he looked at me. We were still running.
"What?" I said. Having no idea what he was talking about.
"Yeah. We have a hang out and we want you there." He said.
"Who's going to be there?" I asked.
"Nick, James and me. Obviously you too if you come." He said.
"Sure." I said.
"I'll meet you in front of the front doors of the school at the end of the day." He said. I nodded as we kept running.
After ten minutes we started to play dodge ball as everyone was now separated in two teams.
I was against Daniels team as the game began. I tried my best to not get hit by a ball but then I realized the two only people left were me and Daniel. Great. I picked up a ball and threw it but my weak arms and force failed me as I failed at the first attempt. He took a ball and threw it at me but I ducked dodging it. I held a ball in hands as I threw it. I failed again. This time he picked up a ball and turned around all the balls were on his side. Everyone watched confused. Suddenly we heard the sound of tape.
"Catch it." He said throwing the ball at me. By reflex I caught it.
"Read it." He said as he stood patiently.
I turn the ball around in my hand as I saw a note written on the ball.

Friday dance ? Make me happy.
Yes. Or. No.

I smiled at the note as I saw a black sharpie taped on the ball i picked it up and circled my answer. I threw the ball at him as he coughs it and went straight to see my answer but raised an eyebrow.
"Why did you circle or." He said.
I giggled a little as I shrugged. From the corner of my eyes I can see him smirk. I'm not going to give in that easily. I walked away as he turned around. I picked up a ball and threw it at him as it hit him right in the back.
"I win." I said smiling. My team cheered as he just stood there with his jaw dropped. I walked out of the gym after class was over and well what can I say more and more boring useless classes came along.