Chapter 11: awkward date night

Song: waiting for love
Singer: avicii
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday. These past days me and Daniel have have been only glaring at each other all the time and every minute that we see each other. I was now walking to my locker as I got my gym cloths out of my locker and threw my books inside of the locker. I slammed the door as I walked to the gym. I headed towards the girl locker rooms and put on some black leggings and an oversized t-shirt. At this point I didn't care anymore. I put my hai up in a high pony tail and put on my sport shoes. I put my cloths in my gym bag as I put it in my locker. I walked out to see the guys already playing soccer. I walked to the corner as I watched Tyler pass the ball to Daniel, Daniel shot the ball into the goal and smiled in amusement. He turned around to walk back to his team and then his eyes landed on me but he didn't smirk or smile he just stared at me emotionless.
I rolled my eyes as he stared at me. Austin approached me with a grin spread across his face.
"What's up?" He asked as my attention was now towards him.
"Nothing really" I answered.
"What do you say if we go out some time?" He asked.
I hesitated for a moment but then decided to give him a chance.
"Yeah I'd like that." I smiled.
He smiled back as he played around with the ball in his hands.
"Is tonight okay with you?" He asked.
"Yeah" I smiled.
"Pick you up at 7:00" he smiled as I nodded and he went back to his friends. Daniel joined them as Austin was talking. Kai and Tyler were now busy teaching me how to kick a soccer ball.
"Okay now concentrate on passing ME the ball and do not kick it to the wall." Tyler said as he stood away from me. I kicked the ball with all of the force I had and it directly hit Tyler's head.
"Oh my god I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" I said, running to him.
"Yeah. Good progress. At least this time you didn't hit the wall." He said, rubbing his head. I laughed at him a little as Kai laughed along. The bell rang as we all headed to the locker rooms and changed back into our clothing. I took my gym bag and my school bag as I headed out. Tyler was in his car as Kai sat in the passenger seat and Dina was in the back gossiping. I got in the backseat as I greeted Dina and Tyler started driving as he dropped me off. I got out of the car after we reached a stop to my place and waved goodbye as I made my way to the front door. Tyler went off when I walked in. I saw Jace sitting on the couch chatting with someone. Probably some girl and I walked out to the kitchen. I saw a left over pizza as I took a slice and walked to my room. I looked at the clock hanging on the wall of my room that indicated 4:30. I need to get ready before Austin comes. I walked into the shower as I turned on the hot water. I got in as I let the water slide down my spine and soak my hair. After a few minutes, I walked out as I wrapped a white towel around my body and walked out of the bathroom as I made my way to my closet. I picked out something not too casual and not too formal because I didn't know where we were going. I pulled out a thigh high red dress and some knee high black boots and took out a leather jacket and set it with a long necklace. I put them on my bed as I put on some shorts and a t-shirt. I walked to my mirror as I started to dry my hair and pulled out my hair straightener. I started to straighten my hair as I played a few songs and then put on some winked eyeliner and red mate lipstick and some mascara. I put my hair in a high pony-tail and then put on my clothes. I heard a knock on the front door as I made my way downstairs. Jace had already opened the door and is very close friends with Austin. They did that guy hug and I stepped out as I hopped in the passenger seat  while Austin sat in the drivers seat. I looked at the time and it was exactly 7:01. Wow he's on time. He turned on the radio as songs started to play one by one. The first song that played was waiting for love by avicii. We danced to the song as we sang along. He made me laugh as we talked and imitated some people. He was mostly imitating his sister that always talks in a very girly way.
"Yesterday she was like, oh my god my shoes are so dirty and she blamed it on me for no reason." I laughed at his story. He had an amazing humer and he always knew how to make a joke about everything even him self. We finally reached a stop at a restaurant.
"I hope you don't mind but we're kind of having a double date with another couple from school." He said as he opened my door and helped me out of the car. I really wanted to be alone with him but oh well.
"Um yeah." I said, hesitating. He smiled and put his hand around my back as he directed me to the doors of the restaurant. The doors suddenly opened by the two men standing beside the door. We walked in as we headed to the table that Daniel and Madison are sitting at. Wait!? Daniel and Madison!? What!? Please don't tell me that they're the other couple. Oh great. Daniels eyes landed on me as my eyes landed on him and Madison. She had her hair down and curled. She wore a black skin tight dress and was detailed from the top. I was able to get a glance on her golden high heels. Her make up was very simple but she still had a lot of make up on. She was looking very pretty. Daniel was wearing fancy cloths just like Austin. I sat facing Madison as Austin sat beside me facing Daniel. Daniel looked at me emotionless as Madison just giggled and smiled at Austin's words. Me and Daniel weren't really having that fun. It was awkward. I don't know why he's acting this way.
"Hi I'm James, I'll be your waiter for tonight. What can I get you guys?" The waiter said as the guys looked at the menues.
"One chicken fillet and some Caesar salad." Austin said.
"Pasta." Daniel said back.
"What would you like,Jade." Austin asked me as Daniel asked the same question to Madison.
"I'll have some pasta too." We all ordered as we waited for the food, we talked.
"So I wanted to buy this purse but I don't know what to wear it with." Madison showed me a picture of a purse as she was talking.
"I think it's cute." I said. The guys were just talking about the soccer game of last night. After a few moments the waiter came back with our food as he placed it in front of each of us. We started eating as Madison was talking about this party she wants to go to.
Daniel suddenly got a call and left the table.
"Sorry I have to take this." He said as he left the table. I started feeling sick so I excused myself to the bathroom.
"I need to use the bathroom." Austin looked at me concerned. I smiled. Reassuring him. He then nodded but he didn't seem convinced. I walked away as I asked directions for the bathroom. I headed towards the girls bathroom. I walked towards the mirror as I took out my phone taking out my phone. I watched the screen light up and checked the time. 8:12, okay I can do this for another hour. Right? I mean I'm sure Madison and Daniels relationship isn't serious right? Wait. Why do I care? I don't care. I like Austin. I walked out of the bathroom taking a deep breath. I opened the doors to be met with Daniel. Why is he here.
"Can we talk?" He asked. I nodded as he dragged me out the back doors so Austin and Madison don't see us.
"What are you doing with him?" He asked letting go of my wrist.
"What are you doing with her?" I asked back.
"That's not your business." He answered.
"Then why are you asking me the same question?" I asked back.
"Okay. I get it. But why does it have to be one of my closest friends?" He said his face still emotionless.
"Well why are you with the prettiest girl in school?" I asked back.
"She's not the prettiest girl in school. Not to me." He said.
"Oh yeah then who is?"
"No one okay? He answered.
"Oh really? If you love her that much then why aren't you showing it to her?" I asked.
"Would you stop interrogating me? It's like I just commuted a crime and you're investigating." He said crossing his arms.
"Well you brought me here to interrogate me!?" I said back.
"YOU know what forget it." He said walking away. You're kidding me right?! I said to myself. I walked in as I made my way to the table. We sat back.
The night continued to be awkward.