Chapter 29: trapped

Song:I'll show you
Singer: Justin Bieber
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up in the same bed but this time Daniel was sitting on the edge while he pinched the bridge of his nose. I got up slowly being cautious of every move
I'm doing. His eyes slowly landed on me. My eyes widened. Something in his eyes showed me fear and worry as if he knew something that I didn't. Obviously they have a whole file that keeps all my information.
"Forgive me" he mumbled.
"Please tell me whats going on." I said hoping to get an answer.
"It's complicated." He simply answered.
"Help me" I mumbled in a whisper.
"I love you." He said. "I really do" he said.
"Please just tell me what's about to happen to me." I whispered. He slowly came closer as our faces were inches apart. His lips brushed against mine before I turned my face to avoid kissing him. He slowly pulled back with pain splattered all over his face.
"You actually think that I'm going to kiss you after all this?" I said in disbelief.
"No" he mumble. "But ... i promis i won't let anything happen to you." He said.
"I can't trust you." I said. I couldn't believe it but it was actually hard to spill out the words. It was like a knife cutting through my throat with every word. To be honest I miss him but I also regret meeting him because now I don't think that I can forget him or forgive him and it hurts so bad. You have no idea how painful love can be. I want to move on and forget but I can't it's just too hard to forget all the good memories that we had and just let go of the bad. I barely even know who I am anymore.
"Please, give me a chance." He said as he placed his hand on my shoulder.
"How can I?" I said as tears threatened to drown me.
"Don't let go" he said.
"I can't." I mumbled. "That's the problem." I continued.
"I'll keep you safe." He said.
"I think I'll be safe if you let me go." I said with a blank face.
"I'm sorry" he said.
"I'm sorry too." I said. He looked at me with a confused look.
"I'm sorry for everything that you've done to fool me." I said as a tear ran down my cheek.
"I actually loved you." He admired.
"Stop lying to yourself." I said. He suddenly got up and pushed me down on the bed.
"I truly did." He added and got up.
"Then why won't you help me leave!" I said.
"Cause then I'll have to kill you." He said.
"You're killing me everyday just by keeping me here." I spat.
"We need the money! I can't do anything about it!" He got angry.
"Money?" I asked with wide eyes.
"Yes money! You want to know how we get it!?" He yelled. My eyes were wide and filled with fear.
"We sell our victims." He spat.
"You're selling me ?" I asked with fear.
"not me, Brian." He said.
"Danny please don't let them." I whimpered.
"I only follow orders" he said.
"Danny please..." I said again.
"Don't make it harder." He said.
"I can't believe your doing this." I whispered.
"Why?" He said before leaving. I looked at him confused.
"Why did you pick him over me?" He asked.
"Who?" I asked and he left shutting the door behind him. I looked at the table stand beside the bed and opened the drawer to find something that can help me escape. I couldn't find anything other than a lighter. I picked it up and stared at it with wide eyes. I was sure that I would regret this but it's the only way to attract firefighters and the police. I need to get out of here. I hesitated it for a few second but then I lit it and stared at the very little fire that was lighting the room. I threw it at the curtains and it slowly started to lit up and burned the fabric as other objects caught on fire. I started to scream in fear. The door was unlocked and swung open as Brian,Charlene and Daniel ran in.
"Get her out !" Brian yelled. Daniel ran towards me. He stared at me with fear plastered over his face. His eyes widened as he looked back at Brian.
"Now!" Brian demanded. Daniels eyes traveled to the locked chains around my ankle. Brian took Charlene out of the room as the fire caught up more and more. Daniel picked up the key of the lock around my ankle to open it but hesitated and dropped the key. His foot accidentally hit the key and the key fell in the fire. My heart started to race as now I was stuck to this bed about to be burned to death.

••••••
Do you think Jade should trust Daniel?