Chapter 14: fluffy squirrel

Song : somebody to you
Singer: the vamps ft. Demi lovato

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He leaned in to kiss me but I pulled away letting the air in between go away. He looked at me with confused eyes as he tried to understand why I pulled away.
"What's wrong?"
"Austin."
"What about him?"
"It's not simple I'm dating a guy and I'm about to let another one kiss me. Think about him. It's not fair."
"Break up with him."
"I will, but that doesn't mean I'm breaking up with him to get back with you."
" what do you mean? We were about to kiss."
"And I'm glad we didn't." I said as I got up and started walking.
"Hey hey hey." He said as he pulled my arm so I would face him.
"Let go." I said as I tried to take my arm out of his strong yet gentle grip.
"What's wrong? I thought you felt the same way. "
"I do, it's just complicated."
"What's so complicated?"
"This. This situation."
"You're causing drama for nothing."
"Well if you have told me that you loved me since the beginning we wouldn't be here."
"What if I was shy? Or afraid you wouldn't feel the same. " he said. I looked at him wide eyed. At this point I had nothing to say. He stared into my forest green eyes as I looked away in frustration.
"I know you feel the same way. Now I do." He said. I had to admit it that he was right. I did feel the same way about him but I don't know if I can trust him. 
"How can you be so sure?" I asked trying to hide it.
"Your eyes." He answered.
"My eyes?" I said in a questioning tone.
"They say everything. Your eyes show everything." He said as he tugged a strand of hair behind my ear.
"Daniel, you deserve someone better." I said.
"I don't need better, I need you." He said back.
"Trust me you'll find someone better than me." I said.
"I just told you I don't want anyone else, I want you, I need you." He said. I swung my head side to side and walked away without saying another word. I walked without looking back to see if he was looking but something told me that he was staring. It's not that I don't want to be with him, I do. But I'm scared, scared that I'll be played, scared that I'd be used or even just so he can play with my emotions. I don't want to be with a guy that I don't trust 100%. It'll just be hard. It hurts me to know that I can't trust him when I do have feelings for him. My phone buzzed. I pulled it out of my back pocket as I received a text from Austin.

Austin: party tonight at my place! I want you there.
I instantly replied.
Me: what's the occasion?

Austin: party before exams so everyone can chill and light up :)

Me: oh! Good idea ;)

Austin: will I see you there?

Me: I'll try to come.

Austin: I'll be waiting for your beautiful face ;)

I smiled at his text but I hesitated on going. What if Daniels going to be there, it'll just be awkward. Maybe I should go. I thought to myself. I looked  at the time on my phone as it indicated
2:45 pm. It's no use to go to school now
I walked on the traveled ground as I kicked the little rocks on the ground and watching them roll farther with every kick. I made my way home as I walked in silence. I opened the front door as I closed the door behind me. I started thinking to myself, should I go to Austins party or should I just sit on the couch and watch a movie? I took out my phone as I dialled Dinas number.
Ring.
Ring.
Ring.
"Hey." She finally answered with her excited voice .
"Hey." I said back.
"Whats up?" She said. I could here her shuffle through something.
"Are you going to the party?" I asked her desperate for an answer.
"Are you kidding, I'm about to be the first one at that party house." She said. I laughed at her words as I continued the conversation.
"What are you doing?" I asked. She stopped shuffling as she answered.
"I'm looking for my golden dress. The one I got for my birthday." She said as I heard the shuffling again.
"Oh ok."
"Are you going?" She asked.
"Yeah." I said suddenly I guess I really wanted to go. Not for the party, or Austin, I wanted to go to see his eyes again. I wanted to see him. Daniel. I was sure that he'd be there. I walked to my bathroom as took my cloths off and turned on the hot water. I walked into the shower as the hot steamy water hit my back and as the water made my long hair heavy and pulling it down. I felt the droplets of water make there way down my spine as I washed my hair. After a few minutes I turned off the hot water as silence took over the room. I got out as I wrapped a white towel around my body. I walked to my closet as now I started shuffling through my cloths. I picked out some black ripped jeans and a white crop top. I straightened my long curly brown hair as it fell down my shoulders. I put on my black converse as I put a a little bit of lip gloss . Trying to keep the natural look. I picked my phone up and called Dina.
"Are you ready?" She answered. I smiled.
"Yeah."
"Be there in five." She said and hung up.
Five minutes past and she was actually there in three minutes but I had lost my favourite bracelet but then gave up when I figured I had to walk back and look for it in my room. I walked out as I made my way to Kai's car. Kai was in the drivers seat as Dina sat in the passenger seat. I hopped in the backseat and sat beside Tyler. The music was loud in the car as we drove. We sang along to every song that came on until we finally arrived to Austin's house. We all hopped out after Kai parked his car and made our way to the front door. The door was open so we just walked in to the large house. Music was loud and you can see teenagers walking around with the typical red plastic cups, others dancing there faces off and some of them were even puking somewhere around the house. I saw Austin as he made his way towards us.
"HEY GUYS YOU MADE IT!" He shouted through the loud music.
"HEY" I yelled back with a smile. He introduced me to his friends and then went to solve a problem in the backyard as their were two guys fighting. I made my way to the kitchen as I picked up a glass. I picked it up to my mouth as it was pulled away from my hands by someone. That someone was Daniel. I saw him sip some from it as he walked away without saying a word. Fine you wanna play it that way. Game on. I walked out as I followed him trying to not get him noticed. He made his way to the backyard as he stood with his friends. He pulled out a cigarette and lit it. I went towards him as I pulled the cigarette out of his lips and placed it between mine as I smoked and walked away. He stood there as he stared my every move while I walked away without saying a word. I walked back into the house as I saw Austin with his friends. Dina and Kai kissing in a corner and Tyler flirting with a cheerleader and then there's me. I rolled my eyes at my thoughts as I walked to the living room. A bunch of teenagers were sitting in a circle. I sat in a corner as I watched them play. I saw Daniel walking past me as he held out a cup in his hands. He handed it to me and walked away without a word. I took a sip from it and realized it was water. On the side of the cup he had written a message.

What you were about to drink isn't healthy.. this is better
        ~Daniel

I rolled my eyes. Fine. Want it this way. I went towards him as he stood at a corner and acted like I was drunk.
"Hey there! Is that a squirrel on your head? Why is it so fluffy." I said as I pulled his hair.
"Are you okay?" He asked raising a brow. I started to act loopy and acted like I was about to fall but he caught me right before an inch of my hair hit the ground.
"You're drunk." He said. I pulled his shirt coller as I brought his face closer to mine.
"Don't mess with girls it's not a good idea." I said. As I got up from his hold and let go of his collar. I walked away without another word as I went back to my spot. I glanced at him as he did the same but he let out a chuckle.