Chapter 27: I'm fine ...

"Oh honey I've been worried sick about you" Charlene said right when me and Fabio walked into the house.
"Well I guess my job here is done." Fabio said. Charlene gave him a weak nod and he left with a smile.
"Oh honey." She said pulling me into a hug.
"Can you please leave me alone." I said. She slightly pulled away and looked at me with wide eyes.
"I was so worried." She said.
"What happened to being worried a few years ago?" I said annoyed.
"Look I'm trying my best to be a good mother and bring back all the years that I had lost with you." She said.
"Well guess what? Maybe I don't want you to try and maybe I want to be left alone!" I yelled.
"Jade, why are you so stubborn!" She yelled back.
"Why did you find me in the first place!" I yelled as I stormed out of the house.
"Jade come back here!" I heard Brian yell. I ignored them and started to run. Storming off to who knows where.
I heard footsteps behind me as I walked. I honestly didn't know where I was and it was basically pitch dark. It was cold and tears streamed down my face. The paces behind me started to fasten and my heart started to race. I kept my face in front of me not daring to look back and fastened my own paces. The footsteps got faster and faster every step I took. Suddenly I reached a dead end. I was in an ally.
The footsteps stopped and I turned around slowly as my heart raced in fear. I was 100% sure that the person could hear my heart beating like a drum.
"Hello sweetheart." I heard the voice say. The person was wearing a black tuxedo and a black fedora. "Aren't you scared out here all alone?" He said. His voiced echoed. He had a slight German accent while he spoke.
"Please" I whimpered in fear.
"Hey relax. I'm a detective." He said and my heart went back to its normal beating.
"Are you lost?" He asked.
"No" I said.
"Sorry if I scared you there." He chuckled.
"Don't worry about it." I smiled and walked passed him. But he grabbed me by the arm and pulled me back.
"You know you're an idiot." He said taking off his fedora.
"And You thought all those acting classes were going to be useless." He smirked.
"Daniel" I huffed. "Why are You in a tuxedo?" I asked.
"I look more professional." He said.
"Let go" I spat. As he still held a grip around my arm.
"Or what?" He smirked.
"What do You want?" I asked.
"I want you to come back home." He said.
"I don't have a home! And your wrong if you tell me that yours is mine." I spat.
"Why can't you just listen for once in your life!?" He started to get mad.
"Let go of me before I scream!" I yelled.
"Really? Then scream!" He said.
I screamed as loud as I can but then he swung me to his chest and placed a hand over my mouth.
"Your crazy." He smirked.
"Look I just want to be alone! Let me be! " I said.
"We're your family and we're doing what's best for you." He whispered into my ear.
"No your not my family!" I yelled.
"Yes we are, Jade and if you like it or not we will always be." He snapped.
"Just leave me alone." I whimpered. "Please." I continued.
"Come on you need some sleep." He whispered in my ear.
"No" I whimpered. " leave me alone" I whispered again.
"I promis everything will be okay all you got to do is trust me." He said. But then I realized that I hadn't heard anything from Jace.
"Where's Jace?" I asked.
"He's where he's supposed to be and you have to be there too." He whispered. I slowly nodded in defeat and walked with him towards his car.
He helped me in the passenger seat and he hopped in the drivers seat.
He drove back home and helped me out of the car again.

"There we go." He smiled. "Let's take you to your room." He said.
I nodded and we walked up the stairs and into my room. I then took a glance at my brothers room.
"Let me go see Jace first." I said. He held a tight grip on my arm.
"No he's sleeping let's not wake him up." He said staring into my eyes.
"Daniel your hurting me." I whispered as I glanced at his hand gripping on my arm.
"Go on." He said as he walked me to my bed.

••••••
Who's your favourite character and why?

Can't wait to read your comments !:)