Chapter 33: reminder

Song: I know what you did last summer
Singer: Shawn Mendez and Camilla Cabello
•••••••••••••****•••••••••••••••
"Jade?" I heard someone say with a whisper. I slowly opened my eyes, adjusting to the light.
"Please." He whispered shutting his eyes. The same guy from yesterday was sitting on a wooden chair beside my bed. His hair messy and he had bags under his eyes from the lack of sleep.
"I'm sorry but you really have to let go." I said. I barely even knew this guy. I don't even know how we met.
"I can't seem to let you go." He said.
I blinked twice.
"I'm really sorry but I don't remember anything." I said with pain.
"I can help you remember." He said.
"Please don't make it hard." I said.
"Come on just think. Look into my eyes and think." He said. I stared into his eyes but this was just ridicules. I mean for all I know he could just be a stranger fooling me.
"I'm sorry" I said. The little hope he had inside him seemed to fade as he pinched the bridge of his nose as he rested his head on the chair.
"We can do this. Don't give up." He said. He sounded more like as if he was convincing himself.
"Look, I get you want to help but I honestly don't think-" I was cut off by him pulling me to him as he smashed his lips into mine. I quickly pushed him away with disgust.
"ARE YOU CRAZY!" I said. Suddenly Nina ran in as she came in to pull away her brother out of the room.

Nico's POV:
One thing ran into my head as I stared at the words that came out of her red lips. I missed the taste of them. Suddenly memories of the day we kissed at the dance ran through my mind. Her eyes shined bright as she smiled at the ground while her hands were wrapped around my neck. But her lips, when they touched mine it's like a hit of a wind. That rush you get when you're in love, that's how it felt but ten times better. I never wanted to let go of her. Her smile ran through my head but suddenly after that memory another memory ran through my brain as I started to remember watching her calmly sleep as I made sure that she was okay at night when she was having a bad day. How she breathed slowly and how she would pull her knees to her chest when she's all comfortable. How her tears stained the pillows at night. In the morning how she was either really annoyed or had a bunch of energy that she didn't know how to waste. How she always pulled out a cigarette when she was mad. All of those little things she did that were extremely cute. She stared into my eyes when I told her to and other memories flew through my mind. The day we went to that abandoned place where she was so excited while she ran everywhere. It was surprising how nothing really scared her but from the inside everything scared her but she was living her life. That moment I pulled her to me taking in the scent of her hair as I tasted her lips. I thought this kiss would make her remember. But she just pushed me away. That moment I felt like a huge rock just hit me in the chest. She looked shocked. Nina rushed in as she whispered "its best if you give her time." In my ear.
She pulled me out of the room as I stared at Jade taking heavy breaths as if someone just hit her in the face. To be honest I was dying from the inside. I can't believe I did this to her.

The doctor approached me and Nina as he was writing something. He glanced at us and gave of the information that Jade will be released tomorrow morning.
"But she hasn't remembered a thing yet." I say.
"We think it's best if she goes home. Maybe being there will help her remember." He said. Nina nodded and we went back to Sitting on the plastic blue chairs placed in front of the doors.
I miss her ....

"She'll be okay" Nina reassured me.
"I hope so" I say with pain.

Few minutes passed and Nina slowly started to fall asleep on the blue chairs. I stared at the door hoping I'll be able to make her remember. Suddenly the door was opened by a nurse and she went in the room accompanied by someone else. I looked closely at that person and my eyes widened with anger. Daniel. I ran to stop them from shutting the door but the nurse shut it and locked it. I watched him through the large window as he sat on the wooden chair. He smiled at her and she looked at him confused but suddenly he showed her something on his phone and she smiled with wide eyes.
Anger filled my body as I wondered what he was telling her. She suddenly started laughing and he placed his hand on her hand as she hesitated but she let him. My eyes widened. But she suddenly looked like she was asking him questions. But suddenly her face froze with fear. Tears strolled down her face as he got up.

•••••••
Whats your favourite song?