Chapter 21 : the move in

Song: paradis
Singer: Coldplay
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday night

We were currently in the kitchen. Brian and Jace were talking and I was helping Charlene. I wasn't ready to call her mom and it was a bit awkward.
"I guess Jace and I should go pack some cloths if we're staying." I told her while she was cutting the cucumbers into small portions.
"Okay. Dinner will be ready by the time you arrive." She smiled. I exchanged looks with Jace and he immediately  picked up his car keys and escorting me to his car. The two parents smiled and continued to do what they were doing. Charlene went back to making salad and Brian started drinking some coffee.

Getting in the car we drove in silence while we thought to What just happened. It's so hard to just process everything. She just walks into the family and then expects us to love her as a mother again. We stopped at a red light and Jace turned to look at me.
"Do you think this is a good idea?" He asked.
"I honestly don't even know anymore."
I answered to his question. Looking out the car window I started watching as the sky became darker. The light turned green and we started driving again. We reached to a stop in front of our small house and we took our time walking to the front door. Unlocking it we both walked in turning on the lights and each going to our rooms. I walked in my room picking up a small red suitcase and unzipping it. I started filling it with the things that I thought I would wear a lot and would be useful. And zipped the suitcase again. I walked out of the my room and made my way to Jace's room.
"Ready?" He asked.
"Yeah" I nodded. We both walked back to the car. Jace put the bags in the trunk and hopped in the passenger seat.
"This is about to be a long weekend." He commented.
"Yep" I agreed. He turned on some music trying to lighten the mood but we were both in our thoughts.

Arriving at Charlene and Brian's house we parked right outside and Jace took out the bags from the trunk of the car.
We made our way to the front door and we hit the door bell. Hearing it through the house we waited for someone to open the door. One of the maids approached the door and opened the door wide enough for us to walk in.
"I'm in the kitchen." I heard the feminine voice echo through the house. We walked to the kitchen to see her placing some lasagna in the oven.
"Dinner will be ready soon." She said. Did I mention that same wide smile was still on her face. Jace and I smiled awkwardly and then she changed the subject.
"Sandy" she yelled and a maid came walking in with her black dress and white details.
"Show them to their rooms please." Charlene told the maid. Sandy nodded and we started following her up the stairs. We were led to a long hallway filled with doors on either side. We followed her until she unlocked two doors. The doors were beside each other. She motioned us in and she showed each one of us around the room. Everything a girl or a guy ever needed were in the rooms. I obviously got the girl room and Jace the room beside mine. My room had lavender walls with tiny lights around the bed post, the bed was queen sized and in the corner there was a bathroom door where curling irons and straighteners were there and toothbrushes. On the other corner there was a walk in closet and right in front of the bed there was a mirror and a table filled with all kinds of nail polish and make up. I walked out and entered Jace's room. It was grey themed. It was also amazing with the walk in closet and everything seemed to be already decorated. I walked back to my room and saw Charlene standing.
"Do you like it?" She asked.
"Yes thank you." I mumbled in a low tone.
"I really hope you will like this place." She said. I just smiled not knowing what to say. Her tears were visible but she was hiding them.
"I'm really sorry." She said approaching me.
"I'm going to get some water, if it's okay I'll be in the kitchen" I say, trying to change the subject. She nodded and I walked out feeling my tears boil up.
At this moment I wished I was able to forget everything and forgive but I couldn't.

I walked to the kitchen seeing Brian still drinking his coffee. How long does it take to drink a cup of coffee. Maybe this is his second one.
"Hey are you okay?" He asked.
"Yeah, thank you for all that." I said.
"No problem, I mean i do consider you like my own children now." He said smiling. I smiled back.
"Tell me a little about yourself" he said smiling.
"There's nothing to say really. I'm just an ordinary girl." I half smiled.
"You're more than an ordinary girl." He said smiling. I smiled back.
"Believe me I am." I said.
"Ordinary?" He asked.
"Yeah" I answered.
"You just haven't gotten to know yourself." He smiled sweetly. Our conversation was cut off by a door close shut and someone yelling.
"Dad I'm home!" I picked up a bottle of water and started to drink from it. That voice sounded oddly familiar.
"I'm in the kitchen son!" Brian yelled. I was still drinking from the water bottle.
I started to hear footsteps moving towards the kitchen. Jace was still in his room doing who knows what.
"Son meet Jade." Brian said. I turned around and from the sight I choked on the water and Brian came to help.
"You okay?" Brian asked.
"Yeah." I said. I looked up to make sure that what I had just saw wasn't an illusion. I hope I'm dreaming right now.
"Son meet your step-sister,Jade" Brian said as his sons eyes widened.
"Jade meet-" Brian was cut off by a phone call.
"Sorry I have to take this. You guys should get to know each other." Brian said, taking the phone call. This can not be happening.

•••••
Who do you think Jade's new sibling is?