Chapter 22: dinner party.

Song: red
Singer: Taylor swift
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<

My face turned white like a little mouse that had just seen a ghost. This day can't get any better. I blinked twice again to make sure that what I was seeing is true. It looked like the world was turning backwards. Out of all the people did it have to be him! I honestly expected a cute little boy not... HIM!
"Brian!" Charlene yelled from the dining room. Brian turned his phone off and went to meet Charlene. I stood in the kitchen speechless.
"You're the son?" I said in a disbelief tone.
"You're the daughter?" He said shocked. "Does this mean we are now related?" He said in a worried voice.
"Half related." I corrected. Wait is that even a thing.
"You do realize that we almost kissed the other day right?" He said.
"Yes I do realize, you idiot." I say to him. He rolls his eyes playfully.
"What are we supposed to tell them?" He asked.
"I don't know? Maybe I can say your son almost kissed me the other day and now I just found out that he's my step-brother!" I spat obviously annoyed.
"Hey! You almost kissed me not the other way around." He said putting his hands up in surrender.
"No I didn't! I pulled away." I said pushing him out of the way and making my way to the dining room.
"Oh sweetheart take a seat donner will be served soon." My so called mother said. I put a fake smile on my face and sat on one of the empty chairs. Jace came and sat beside me. He picked up the cup of water placed in front of him and started to drink from it until he choked on the water when Daniel walked in. That makes the two of us I thought as I stared at the napkin that was decorated with beautiful flowers as Daniel sat in front of me.
"Are you seeing this or am I hallucinating?" Jace said. Whispering into my ear.
"Nope I'm seeing it too." I said.

Soon a maid walked in with a few dishes placing them in front of us. I looked at the meal in front of me. I played around with the mashed potatoes placed on the side of the white plate with a steak in the middle.
"Daniel can you pass me the salt sweetheart please." Charlene said reaching out for the salt. Daniel passed her the salt and went back to smirking at me. I felt something vibrate from under me. I pulled out my phone being revealed with a text.
Nico: meet me at the top of the same roof from last time at 7:00! I'll be waiting ;)

I smiled staring at the text. Jace turned to my and raised an eyebrow. I reassured him with a smile and he went back to eating his food. Brian and everyone started to discuss something with Jace and Danielle. I took the chance to excuse myself to my room.
I looked at the time that indicated 6:15 pm. I started to brush my hair and I let it fall down my shoulders. I pulled out some light blue jeans and an oversized white sweater. Taking my phone and putting it into my pocket. I walked down the stairs and looked back at the time that indicated 6:30 pm. I walked towards the front door as I put my hand on the doorknob opening it.
"Going somewhere?" I heard Daniels voice echo from behind me.
"Problem?" I asked.
"Not at all." He said putting his hands up in surrender. I then continued to do what I was doing. I walked out into the cold air. Walking down the street I waited until I saw a taxi drive by. He stopped in front of me and brought down the window to ask if I needed a ride. I hopped in telling the driver the directions. He dropped me off after I paid him and I walked to the front door. I opened the familiar door and started to climb up the stairs to the the roof. I opened the door that led to the roof and walked in. I saw Nico standing as he had his back faced to me.
"Nico." I said grabbing his attention. His head snapped towards me and he smiled.
"I was starting to think that you weren't going to show up." He said. I looked at my watch seeing that it was 7:15 pm.
"I'm sorry I'm late." I said giving him a warm smile. He walked towards me with a smile as he grabbed my hand gently. Pulling me slowly towards the view. He handed me his jacket and we both sat down next to each other enjoying the view in front of us.
"Hungry?" He asked. I smiled and nodded. He then pulled out a bag of chips and opened it up for me putting it in between the little gap between us.
"Sorry it's all I got." He said. I let out a small giggle.
"It's perfect." I said putting a chip in my mouth feeling the salty taste travel through my mouth. He let out a small chuckle and continued to look at the view.
"I'm having a bad day really." He said.
"That makes the two of us." I said.
"Whats your story?" He asked.
"I just got to know my long lost mother and my new so called step-brother." I said eating another chip.
"Step-brother?" He asked in a questioning tone.
"Daniel." I answered. His face suddenly dropped.
"Wait you mean Daniel as in Daniel smith?" He asked.
"Yeah." I mumbled. There was a moment of silence before he started his story.
"My sister is in love with her boyfriend and my parents don't approve of him and now she's putting the pressure on me to convince them to let him come ask her hand in marriage." He said in disbelief. I let out a little laugh trying to hold it in.
"Isn't this like Romeo and Juliette?" I asked.
"No because she doesn't know what she's getting her self into." He said. "She's older than me. Yes. But she has no idea what she is doing like sometimes I wonder if her mind is well functioning." He continued.
"How long does she know him?" I asked.
"2 WEEKS!" He said. I then let out a laugh and he looked at me and also let out a laugh. We then started to talk about our childhood moments to let go of the negative vibes.
"Two years ago, I was sleeping over at my friends house and suddenly I started to hear lots of mouvement and sound so I walked slowly to the kitchen and panicked when I felt something getting closer to me and picked up the closest thing beside me." I said as I stopped my unfinished story.
"What did you grab?" He asked smiling clearly interested.
"A spoon." I said and he let out a laugh.
"Tell me more." He said and I smiled continuing my story.
"Then the lights were turned on and I saw my friends brother with a baseball bat. Turns out it was a small prank." I said laughing a little. He chuckled.
"When I was a kid I used to dress up as my favourite food on Halloween." Nico said.
"Like what?" I asked.
"One time I dressed up as a chocolate bar." He said explaining.
"When?" I asked letting out a small chuckle.
" two years ago." He said And we both laughed. I suddenly rested my head on his shoulder as he stroked my long hair. He then pulled me closer. Closing the small gap between us.
"I'm glad you threw that water bottle in my car" he said.
"I'm glad I met you too." I mumbled.
He let out a small chuckle. My phone started to ring and the sound made us move away from each other. I looked at my phone. Checking the caller ID. Daniel. I rolled my eyes and ignored his call. I put my phone on silent and went back into Nico's muscled and warm arms. My phone then lit up with a text.

Daniel: if you see this call back everyone is worried. Where are you!?

I ignored his text again trying to relax my mind. I closed my eyes as I felt the wind travel through my hair.

•••••
Who do you guys want to see together
Nico and Jade
Or
Daniel and Jade?