Chapter 36: free way or death way

Song: Pompeii
Singer: Bastille
(If you have any song suggestion comment them! )
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After a long drive we stopped in front of a hotel. It was already starting to get dark and Daniel seemed like he was about to pass out from all the driving. He parked the car and I got out of his car shutting the door behind while doing so. He got out and took out our bags. We walked through the glass doors and into a big lobby where in the middle was a big white desk and a woman standing behind it typing something in her computer. We walked towards the desk and she looked up to us and gave a us a welcoming smile.
"Can I help you?" She asked smiled. Her attention was all towards us now.
"We're looking for two rooms please." Daniel said. The woman behind the desk ran through her computer and frowned.
"I'm sorry but we only have three rooms that are available today." She said. "They are all a couples room and each is on a different flour." She said.
We both looked at each other for a moment and then he ran a hand through his messy hair.
"We'll take one." Daniel said and my eyes widened.
"Which flour 4,5 or 9?" She asked.
"Fourth." Daniel answered.
"Awesome" the woman smiled. Daniel paid the woman and she pulled out our room key.
"There you go" she handed us our key and smiled. "Enjoy your stay" she said.
"Thanks" Daniel said. We both made our ways to the elevator and he pressed the button with the number four on it and the button lit up with a nice shade of orange. The elevator started to go up counting the numbers of each flour in the process. Until it stopped on the fourth flour. The metal like door slid open letting us get out. Daniel looked at the number written on the key which was 436. I'm guessing that it's our rooms number. We looked around through the thin halls for the room until me found a beige coloured door with the number 436 on it. Daniel put the key in the lock, unlocking the door. We walked into the room as Daniel put the bags in the corner of the room. I made my way through out the room to see everything. There was a large queen sized bed in the middle of the room. The walls were a beautiful shade of red. There was a white carpet on the flour and in the corner was a bathroom.
"We are going to work this out" he said as he scratched the back of his head.
He made his way towards the bed and pulled out a pillow. He threw it on the flour and glanced at me.
"I'll sleep on the ground, you sleep on the bed. Okay?" He asked.
"Uhh yeah." I hesitated. He than went to his bag and pulled out some sweat pants. He walked into the shower and I heard the water run. I think he's taking a shower. I looked around not knowing what to do. I mean can I even trust this guy. For all I know he could be a psycho.

A few minutes passed and he came out of the shower shirtless and wearing the sweatpants. He rubbed the white towel on his messy wet hair. Splashing water all over the walls in the process.
"What now?" I asked.
"What do You mean?" He asked.
"What do we do in the morning? Drive all day to who knows where?" I asked.
"I was thinking maybe we should get plane tickets and get out of this whole town. " he shrugged.
"Do you think this is a joke?" I asked.
"No I'm serious" he said.
"I don't have my passport how do you want me to get out?" I asked mad. He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed in frustration.
"We'll figure something out" he said.
"You've been saying that all day and yet we haven't figured out anything!" I say.
"Well I'm sorry I'm trying my best to keep you happy!" He argued.
"I don't even know who you are even worse I don't know who I am and you want me to trust you!?" I say with frustration.
"You do know me and I'm making it up to you for what happened in the past!" He yelled.
"Oh so you're taking advantage of my memory loss to make up to who knows what you did!" I yell back.
"I love you okay!? I'm doing everything to give you a happy life." He argues again.
"Maybe I loved you in the past but I don't feel the same right now" I fire back. Suddenly the whole room went silent and he just stared at me as if he was staring through my soul.
"I think you should get some sleep." He said.

••••••••••
What's your favourite thing about this story?

Keep smiling! :)
You are an amazing person! Remember that!