Chapter 23: grounded?

Song:team
Singer:lorde
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Opening my eyes to the blinding sunlight that lit the room I looked around to be seen in an unfamiliar room. Walls covered in band posters and the desk and leather chair in the corner of the room had a pile of cloths over them. I looked around confused. I looked on the side table and found that my phone was placed beside a little picture frame. I picked up the little frame and saw a picture of a little boy and a little girl. They were both laughing while the boy had a beach ball in his hands and the girl hugged him from the back. I stared at the cute picture smiling at how they both look happy.
"Cara." I heard a voice say. I looked up to see Nico leaning on the door frame. I looked at him confused from hearing the name.
"The girl in the picture. Her name was  Cara." He said.
"Oh. She must be your age now." I said smiling.
"She died." He said with a hurt face.
"Oh um I'm so sorry!" I said feeling bad. I jumped out of the bed I slept in and walked towards.
"It's not your fault." He mumbled.
"Nico" I mumbled.
"Yes?" He answered.
"What happened yesterday?" I asked.
"You slept on my shoulder and I figured from the day you had you wouldn't want to deal with family problems so I brought you here." He smiled warmly.
"Is this your room?" I asked.
"Yeah."
"But where did you sleep?" I asked.
"The couch was comfortable."He answered shrugging his shoulders and smiling. His hair was messy and he had circles under his eyes from lack of sleep. I had just realized that he was standing shirtless in front of me. My eyes traveled down to a scar on his back.
"What happened?" I said with wide eyes as I traced the scar slowly with my fingers. He looked down at it and then looked at me.
"I got it when I was trying to save Cara." He said with a blank face." He paused and continued. "We were just getting back home and she had bought a new phone. We were younger and a lot stupid. She was my childhood best friend. She was taking a picture of me with her new phone and then it happened. A tall man grabbed the phone out of her hands and I ran after him. I ran until he stopped at an ally. A bunch of guys appeared and started beating me up. One of them suddenly pulled out a knife and this happened." He said pointing to the scar. It wasn't that visible but I was able to notice it.
"What happened to Cara?" I asked curious.
"She umm.. ran after me and freaked out when she saw me. She ran to get help and a car hit her. After that I wasn't able to see her anymore. She's gone." He said with pain. I couldn't beat the feeling than to hug him. I wrapped my arms around his back and rest my head on his hard chest. He wrapped his arms around me and started to stroke my hair. For some reason I didn't want him to let go.
"Don't you want to call your brother? He could be worried." He asked.
"No I rather not think about anything that concernes family right now." I said. He gave me an understanding look.
"Breakfast?" He asked raising a brow.
"Yeah." I smiled.

We walked downstairs to see Nina sitting with her phone.
"Morning." She said.
"Morning." I answered. She smiled back. Nico must have told her that I was here cause she didn't look surprised.
"Pancakes? Or waffles?" Nico asked.
"Waffles." I answered. He smiled and put the ingredients together. I sat down at the small table and watched as Nico placed the waffles on a plate and brought some chocolate sauce with a a bowl of berries. I smiled and licked my lips mesmerized by the masterpiece of food in front of me. I ate almost everything on my plate and by almost I mean the only things that weren't eaten was the plate and my fork. I was still licking my fork from the chocolate when Nico chuckled.
"You got a little something there." He said motioning to my mouth. He then picked up a napkin and wiped my mouth gently removing all the chocolate around it. He smiled and the stared into my eyes as I stared into his beautiful ones getting hypnotized by them. It's like just by looking into his eyes you have this feeling inside your stomach and as much as you try to deny it, it won't go. The only problem is that I had this same exact feeling about Daniel before. The only difference is that this feeling is indescribable. It's like a shooting star has just struck my heart and that I'm away I would feel it shatter from pain but the way his eyes sparkle and stare into my soul is so hypnotizing that I even ask myself if I'm awake. Am I awake? I just wish that things between me and Daniel would be like this but it's like there is a metal wall blocking our way from letting us get to each other. I felt a second of emptiness when Nico got up as if the world froze. That same exact feeling when I left Daniel that day in the park. Sometimes I wonder if he's still thinking about me the way I think about him sometimes. Am I on his mind or was I being manipulated. Was our relationship even real or was it just a temporary thing. I honestly don't even know what to do anymore just staying here makes me feel guilty about Daniel. But leaving makes me want to come back. I don't know what to do anymore.

I got up and decided to leave. Nico followed me to the front door.
"Are you sure you don't want me to give you a ride?" He asked.
"Yeah I'm sure but thanks though" I smiled. He watched me as I walked away I waved bye when he closed the door and I continued to walk back home. My new home.

I knocked on the front door and I heard running in the house. The door swung open by Charlene. She had dark circles under her eyes and her eyes had turned red from crying. She hugged me checking if I was okay.
"Where were you!? I thought something happened! I thought I lost you." She said. Seriously now your trying to be a mother? What happened all those years. I stood there waiting for her to let go of me. I walked in without saying a word. Suddenly she slammed the door and walked in.
"JADE!" She yelled. I ignored her and walked upstairs.
"JADE DON'T YOU WALK AWAY FROM ME!" She yelled. I ignored her again rolling my eyes.
"IF YOU TAKE ANOTHER STEP YOU'RE GROUNDED!" She yelled again. I stopped and turned around. I stomped back to her and let it out.
"Oh really? You're going to ground me because I wouldn't answer your questions! What about you?! Are you actually kidding me!? I was grounded my whole life! From everything! Where were you when I needed you the most? Where were you when I needed a shoulder to cry on? Where were you when I needed a mother? You think I can forget all that and sit here acting like everything is normal! You have no idea what I have been through! Because you were never there!"
I spat out. Tears rolled down her eyes. Brian walked in pulling Charlene into a hug. Jace and Daniel rushed down to us. Jace went to get some water for Charlene and Daniel tried to pull me away from the scene but right when he placed his hands on my arms I snapped.
"Don't even think about calming me down!" I said pulling my arm out of his grip. I walked out of the house as I walked fast to who knows where.
"Hey wait up!" I heard Daniel say walking behind me.
"Don't follow me Daniel!" I yelled.
"At least tell me where your going!" He started to walk in front of me. Stopping me.
"To hell." I said and pushed him out of my way. He then grabbed my arm I swung around and saw him pinch the bridge of his nose as he closed his eyes.
"Look I got enough problems and I don't need you here right now." I snap.
"Oh who you gonna go to? Nico?" He snapped back.
"It's none of your business where I'm going okay?" I snap.
"I'm your step-brother I need to know." He said pulling me closer to him.
"Your funny. Look Daniel i don't consider you as a friend and not in a million years I'll consider you as a brother! So let go of me before I scream right here and now!" I snapped. He clenched his teeth and let go of my arm.
"FINE GO!" He yelled. I started to fasten my pace. I looked back making sure he wasn't following and started walking again.