Chapter 46: epilogue

~8 years later~

"Jacob you're going to be late for school!" I yell to my son, Jacob.
"I don't want to go, Mom" he whines.
"Jacob if you don't get in the car I'll call daddy." I argue.
"Okay fine! I'm coming but don't expect me to get good grades." He says as he hops in the car.
"Seatbelt." I point out and he clips it on. I start the engine and start to get out of the parking. I turn the volume up to the song playing on the radio.
"Mom what's this?" Jacob says with a disgusted face.
"This is what we used to listen to back in the day." I smile as I dance to the song.
"Well.. its the new day and we listen to this." Jacob says as he turns up the volume to his song.
"How old are you?" I sarcastically say.

I park the car close to the school and I unbuckle my seatbelt as I turn off the engine. Jacob unbuckles his seatbelt as he picks up his blue back bag.
I walk out of the car as I help Jacob out and walk him to his class. I see him waving at a girl as we pass by a class that I guessed were a year younger than Jacob.
"Who's that Jacob?" I raise as I raise a brow.
"No one!" He says as his cheeks turned red. The little girl was really cute. She had short blonde hair, light brown eyes and she wore a pink skirt with a white top.
"Jacky has a crush." I say as I smirk at him.
"She's just a friend Mom! And ewww that's just gross." He says in a disgusted tone.
"Believe me you won't find it gross in a few years." I smile.
"Bye, Mom." He says and walks into his classroom. Finally, time for relaxation.
I walk out of the school and go back into the car. Turning on the engine and driving down the empty road to our house.

Locking the car as I walk to our front door, I unlock the door and walk in as I take off my shoes and make my way to the kitchen.

Nico's POV:

The day Skyler broke up with me. I left. I went back home and took a shower as I drowned my self with my thoughts. I couldn't leave her. I can't do the same thing I did to Jade. I can't leave her too. That day I quickly ran out of the shower, put on some cloths and rushed out of the house. I ran to Skyler's house. When I arrived at the front door I texted her.

Nico: Skyler I need to explain! You got it all wrong.

I was sure she saw it. I knew she did. I didn't get a reply though. So I texted her again.

Nico: sky, I'm not leaving until you let me explain.

She didn't answer again. I sat in front of her door. Like I said I'm not leaving until she lets me explain.

An hour passed and I waited. Suddenly the front door opened and I got up.
"What are You still doing here?" Her voice echoed through my head.
"Let me explain." I demanded. She stood there silent. I started with Jade's story and how it all happened. When I was done with the story she jumped on me and wrapped her arms around my neck.
"I'm so sorry" she cried.
"Don't be." I said wrapping my arms around her. That day I stayed at her house. Her parents were out of town and we didn't know what we were doing.
That morning she woke up stressed, worried. I can't even describe her face.
"I'm pregnant" of course she was. She was only 20. She started to worry about her parents and what they will say. Long story short we got married.
Now we live in a city and my child goes to school. Skyler and I couldn't stay on the same page. We would constantly get into arguments and it all started the day she got pregnant. Now I'm divorced. She left me and left the baby.
I'm raising this child on my own and it's pretty hard.

Currently, I was waiting in front of my child's school. Waiting for her to get out. I heard the bell ring and a bunch of kids ran out of the school front doors.
I saw my girl holding a boys hand and running towards me.
"Hey pumpkin! How was your day?" I smiled.
"Dad! This is my friend jacob!" She jumped.
"Hi!" I smiled. Sofia always loved to play around with her friend.
"Jacob!" I heard a familiar voice scream.
"Bye, Sofia!" Jacob waved and ran to the voice. I tilted my head and looked at the owner of that beautiful voice. My eyes widened at the sight. I couldn't believe it. It's her! It's actually her.
"Jade!" I yelled. She walked over to me and looked at me confused.
"Yes?" She said.
"It's me Nico!" I smile.
"I'm sorry I don't think we've met before." She fake smiled. Suddenly my heart breaker again. That same feeling a few years ago.
"But nice to meet you." She continued and walked away.

I guess this is how it ends...

•••••••
Hey guys!
I had so much fun writing this story but unfortunately every story has an ending.
Thank you so much for all the amazing comments and votes and I'm so happy we reached 32.2k views!
I love you guys so much!!!!!!
Smile!

Please follow!
If you want :)

P.s if you liked this book, check my other book "stay"
If you want :)