Chapter 6: smoke in the air

"Class dismissed." The teacher said as he picked up his stuff and placed it in his bag and left the classroom as the students did the same. Today I was wearing a white black sweater with a daisy in the middle with some light blue jeans and some white sneakers to go with it. I had my hair in a high pony tail and I also added a watch. I went out of the classroom door as I made my way to my locker. I put my books back into my locker as I got ready for gym class. I took my cloths as I made my way to the gym, I didn't forget my sport shoes, for the first time. I walked through the marbled halls as I made my way to the girls locker room. I took off my clothes as I put on my shorts and my white loose t-shirt. I put my cloths in my bag as I put on my shoes and stepped into the gym. Some of the students were already playing basket ball. I put my bag down as I made my way to the other side to meet with Kai and Tyler that were talking and laughing.

"Hey what you guys laughing about?" I said as Kai was about to say something but bursted laughing when pain shot in my head as a ball hit me hard. I looked at Kai in a 'are you kidding me' face.

"Never mind we are laughing at you now." He laughed. "But hey you okay?" He asked, trying to hold in his laugh.

"Immature." I said and walked away. Daniel kept staring at me as I chuckled seeing him. Not giggled, chuckled. I moved my head side to side as I smiled when he winked at me and shot the ball into the hoop. He was wearing grey Sweat pants with a loose white tee. You can see the tattoo that was revealing itself through the shirt followed by the abs. He looked at me as he passed me the ball and smirked. "Let's watch you play ,Williams." He side as I moved my head side to side, smiling. Everyone stared at me as I tried to shoot the ball into the hoop. I jumped letting go of the ball as it missed. He took the ball and passed it back to me. "Try again." I looked at the ball as I jumped and threw it again. I missed, again. He then came towards me with the ball in his hands and he put my hand in a position and told me to throw the ball. His hands were warm and gentle as he put my hands in the position. It went in. Wow. I smiled. I looked at him and mumbled a thank you. He smiled winking at me as he went back to his game. We were put in teams as we played against each other. The other team obviously won. "One advice." He said as he was now facing me as he dribbled the ball.

"What?" I said confused.

"Always look up." He said as he threw the ball against the hoop and as usual it went in. He smirked. He was sneaky and mysterious, he was hard to read, I don't know how he is. His way changes everyday. He's hard to get to know. But I think I can handle his personality. I was snapped out of my thoughts when the bell rang. I headed to the locker rooms and changed into my cloths. I walked out with Kai and Tyler as Dina joined us. I looked around for Daniel but then saw him turning to detention. Wow he's going to be hard to beat.

"So are you coming?" Dina snapped me out of my thoughts.

"What?"

"The party?" She said in a duh tone.

"No"

"What? Why?"

"Cause the challenge."

"Oh come on he won't find out." Kai said.

"He's going to be there." I said.

"How are you sure." Tyler said.

"Because he's literally invited to all the parties."

"True." Dina said.

We continued to walk as we reached the schools front doors. I walked home with Dina who was in a hurry since she wanted to get ready for the party. We walked as she kept going on about how she will do her make up, hair and whatever she's going to where, honestly I stopped listening after she said make up. But I'm nodding as if I know what she's talking about. I saw Daniel smoking on the end of the street as I made my way to him as Dina took the other side of the road.

"Don't you have detention?" I asked Daniel as he blew out the smoke.

"Yeah I do." He said calmly.

"You know you're supposed to go."

"Yeah but the teacher fell asleep so I got bored and left."

"But this isn't how it works."

"Oh the formal bad girl is following the rules." He smirked.

"Oh come on."

He chuckled as he finished his cigarette. I looked at the pack of cigarette packet in his pocket as I made my puppy eyes, he looked at me confused.

"Can I have a little smoke?" I asked.

"No." He said.

"Just one."

"No"

"Let's share it then"

"No"

"Sharing is caring."

"But I don't care."

"You're mean."

"I know."

We walked home that day like always. He dropped me off and left.