Chapter 24: rain drops

Song: shine a light
Singer: BANNERS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked to wherever my feet lead me. The sky was getting darker like a shade of black has just covered the blue beautiful sky. Dark grey clouds started to appear as if all the negative shadows were taking over the world. The light of the moon was hidden behind those clouds just like the light that led the way to hope. Suddenly drops of rain started to drown me as if the sky was ready to pour out everything it had. I couldn't help the tears that made their way down my cheeks. The cars passed by me with their lights on like lightning. I looked at my phone staring at the lit up screen that showed a picture of Jace because he was currently calling me. I ignored the call and went back to walking. By now my hair soaked from the rain drops. My mascara fell and I looked like I had just come out of a dark black hole. The problem is, I never got out of it yet. In fact I was getting pulled deeper in it. Believe me if I can start over I would. Who knew love would be this hard. It might not be happening but at this moment I feel like everyone is shooting bullets in my heart. Those bullets aren't just normal but their all lies. I feel my heart cracking with every lie I feel it breaking into a million pieces. It's painful.

My phone buzzed again and this time a picture of Daniel appeared. He was calling me. I stared at the picture for a few seconds but as I did to my last call, I ignored his too. He was the last person I wanted to talk to right now. I decided to completely turn my phone off and continue to walk under the rain. The one place that came to my mind to go to was Dina. I started walking faster and faster until I got closer to her house. I walked up the door steps. Seeing the dim light from the windows, I saw Kai and her family all sitting at the dining table eating and laughing. I guess Kai came to meet the family. I didn't want to ruin it since everything looked like was going well. I walked away slowly wiping off my tears with the back of my hand. I needed to go away.

I took a cab and gave the driver an address. I watched from behind the window the rain drops race. The car finally reached a stop and I paid the driver before I placed my hand on the door handle opening it. I ran up to the front door. Ringing the door bell I waited as tears boiled up threatening to drown me again. The door was slowly opened by Nico and his messy hair. He stared through my eyes as I jumped suddenly into his arms. He gently placed his arms behind my back as he squeezed me into a hug. He pulled me in slowly as he shut the front door. I pulled away as I wiped away my tears.
"What happened?" He said with wide eyes.
"Everything." I replied. The tears kept on boiling up as I honestly had no more choices here. He showed me up to his room and left for a few minutes and came back with a sweater and some sweat pants.
"Their Nina's" he smiled. I thanked him. He respectfully walked out of the room as he shut the door and I changed into the cloths that were given to me. I walked out and saw him pacing back and forth in front of the door. Waiting for me. His eyes landed on me.
"Tell me what happened." He said.
"I got into a fight with Charlene and Daniel." I replied. He stared at me.
"I'm glad you came to me." He smiled
"I'm glad too." I said with a blank face. He came closer to me and wrapped his arms around me as I wrapped my arms around his back and birdied my face into his white v-neck t-shirt.
"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked with his soft voice.
"Honestly, No I don't." I said. My face still buried in his chest. He pulled my face up. My eyes met his beautiful sweet eyes and with a serious but yet soft look he caressed my cheek and said "I'll always be a call away if you need me. Never forget that." He said.

We walked back to his room and I sat on the black leather chair that was in his room. He sat on the edge of his bed and his messy hair fell a little on his face. I looked by his desks seeing all the books he had.
"You like to read?" I asked. Walking towards the books.
"I don't call it reading, it's more like traveling into hidden places and discovering new stories and things. I don't know how you call that but that's what it means to me." He said. I smiled as I held up one of the books.
"Imagination?" I smiled. He smiled back.
"Yeah. I guess so."
He laid on his bed and his shirt slightly slid up revealing his abs. My eyes then were on something else. On the corner of his desk was a bottle. No not a beer bottle. A water bottle. My water bottle. With my number on it.
"You kept it?" I asked. He was staring at the ceiling.
"Mhm." He mumbled not looking my way.
"The water bottle." I answered. His was then swung towards me.
"It's not everyday someone throws an empty water bottle in my car." He chuckled. I smiled.
"Tell me." He said. I raised a brow in confusion.
"What's the craziest thing you have done?" He said. I leaned on his desk. Crossing my arms under my chest.
"Well I let an idiot choose a tattoo for me. Does that count?" I chuckled. He chuckled back.
"Who's the idiot?" He asked.
"Daniel." I answered.
"What was the tattoo?" He asked again. I then pulled up my sweatpants from the bottom a little to reveal the dreamcatcher. I tilted his head from his position on the bed and smiled.
"It's cute." He smiled.
"Thanks." I smiled back.
"What's the craziest thing you did?" I asked curiously.
"This is going to be weird." He laughed while he paused. "Me and my friends decided that we should do something fun and forget about life and basically we got into a cab and told gave them an address to a park and we rolled down the windows when we saw a car coming and screamed "FOLLOW THAT CAR" and the person in that car was a girl and she got terrified and suddenly pulled over and a bunch of people were just following her around including us." He laughed. "But that's not the craziest thing I've done." He laughed again.
"You're a wild dude." I chuckled.
"You only live once sweetheart." He smiled.
"True."
"Wanna do something crazy?" He asked.
"You only live once." I giggled.
"I'm taking that as a yes." He smiled and I nodded a 'yes'

••••••
What's the craziest thing you have done ?