Chapter 13: scratched thoughts

Song: ghost
Singer: Halsey
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Class dismissed." My English teacher yelled out. I picked my stuff up and headed towards the door as I walked out. I thought about how I've change to being this girl that doesn't break the rules and has good grades and all but I thought to myself, who am I doing this for? My parents? There gone. The teachers? Not really. The challenge? I think the challenge was done a long time ago. Me? If I'm doing this for me, I honestly don't really care. I liked it better before but now it's just so different. I mean I don't know why I'm studying this hard when I'm not going to college. I'm thinking of becoming an artist but I mean who knows what will happen in the futur. I put my hair in a high pony tail as I thought again. I like it this way. It's different from who I was. One problem, this is not me. I can't stay like this.

I walked towards my locker as I heard footsteps coming from behind me.
"Hey." I heard a familiar voice. Austin.
"Hi" I smiled.
"What's up?" He asked.
"Nothing really."
"Well where you going." He asked stopping me.
"I need to get out of school a little."
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, do you have a cigarette?" I asked as he raised a brow.
"No." He said. I walked past him as I walked out of the school casually as I didn't care if I got caught or not. I made my way to my usual spot when I don't know where to go. I walked down the street and turned right, there was this little playground and right beside it a place to sit on the green soft grass. I headed towards it as I sat hugging my knees as I looked at the nature around me. I stared as the tree leaves swung with the cool breeze and as my hair flew in my face as the cold air hit it. I kept on thinking about everything that is happening in my life and everything that I wished it would be. All my dreams and all my wishes, imagining them as they came true but I knew that they wouldn't cause I can't make them come true. It's hard living the life that I'm living.

I felt someone sitting beside me as I swung my head slowly to be met with his beautiful eyes that sparkles in the sunlight and his hair that looked all messy. Daniel. He smiled as he spread his legs on the grass making his jogging show and his expensive sneakers appear.
"Hey." He said with a small smile on his face.
"Hi." I gave him a smile as I stared back at the nature around me.
"Ditching class?" He said in a questioning tone. I pulled a strand of hair out of my face as I tugged it behind my ear.
"Yep." I said popping out the p.
"Same here." He said. I smiled.
"Do you always come here?" He asked.
"Yeah, when I need some time to myself. Do you?" I answered as I followed my answer with another question.
"Yeah." He said as he stared back to the nature. "What are you thinking about?" He asked.
"What do you mean?" I asked as I didn't make eye contact.
"You look like you're really into your thoughts, so spill it. What's wrong?" He said.
"I'm thinking about how I can build a food house without it getting wet in the rain." I answered his question even though it's not really what I'm thinking about but now that I mention it... okay yeah. He let out a small chuckle as he went back to talking, breaking the silence that was left for a few moments.
"Seriously." He said .
"I'm thinking about how my life would have been if my parents were still there." I said as I looked at him in the eye. I could see him trying hard to understand my feelings.
"What do you mean?" He said confused.
"I mean I'm like an orphan now, my parents left." I said with pain. He looked at me with hurt in his eyes.
"I'm sorry." He said.
"It's okay."
"What do you want your life to be like?" He asked trying to start a conversation.
"Happy." I simply said. That one word explained it all. He smiled waiting for me to continue. "I mean like when we were kids people would ask us what we wanted to be when we are older ? Most of answered princess, spider man, astronaut and anything that came out of our imaginations but now when I actually think about it, when I'm older I want to be happy." I said. He smiled at my words.
"You're a deep person, Jade." He said. "Tell me more ." He said. I smiled as I continued. "I don't want a boring perfect life but I want to find love and do the stuff that I like and live in my dream house." I smiled as I imagined everything.
"Does that include the food house?" He said. I let out a small laugh as I said,
"Well, you have to admit, food is the only thing that hasn't disappointed us this year. Right?" He smiled.
"No someone hasn't disappointed me this year." He smiled as he spilled out the words.
"Really? Who?" I said curious. He let out a chuckle but then locked eyes with me as he came closer. I felt the sun hitting us like a spot light.
"You." He said as his face was now a few inches away from mine. I didn't want to move away as he placed his warm and soft hands on mine, making me feel safe and protected. He was so close that I was able to see my reflection in his light brown eyes that sparkles in the sun. A smiled crawled up my lips as my cheeks turned into a pink shade as I blushed. He let out a chuckle as he kept on staring at me. Analyzing my every move. He then held my hand in his as he pulled me even closer. Our four heads connected as I smiled a little. He moved his head as he came towards my ear. I felt his lips brushing it as he whispered in my ear.
"I don't want you, I need you."