Chapter 1

A/n Kami means God

Yuri

I slowly open my eyes sensing a rare phenomenon- peaceful silence.

I roll over and squint at my clock which is on my bedside table.

2:00 am

"Well it's a good thing they all went to bed so early" I chuckle. I sit up to take a sip from the glass on the bed side table. Positioning myself comfortably against the wall with the covers drawn up against me, I think back to the dream I had, and I feel myself flush... not that I remember much, just that it was a good dream. A dream about happiness, a dream that left me with a warm fuzzy feeling. I groan.

"What were you dreaming about" I ask myself dropping my head against my knees. "What could have made me happy? Why can't you remember it?". I yawn.

My eyelids start to feel heavy, but I try to fight off the sleepy haze falling over me. My last clear thought is that I would be giving a good lecture to whoever left that cup of the ungodly solution by my bed. I'm sure that it was tampered with.

–_–_–_–_–_–_–_–_–_

I wake up with a dull ache in the back of my head. Light pours in to my room from the window. Kami... what time is it. Glancing at my clock it read

5:00 am

Oh No. I scramble out of bed, grabbing my glasses and quickly dress in my uniform. Seeing a piece of paper on the ground I immediately recognize Minako's writing, Kami I should have known it was her. I read:

Hey Yuri I knew you would wake up early, and you would be thirsty... so here is a little treat (─‿‿─)...tell me what happened to you later so I can record the results

Ps. I'm already at school by the time u wake up... so remember respect your Sensei

Scrunching up the note I mutter a curse under my breath.

"And she knows today is traditional breakfast" I complain as I run to the kitchen. Good thing I already prepared the rice and ingredients for the miso soup. Quickly I start boiling the water to start the dashi. I open the fridge looking for the fishes I got yesterday in the morning.

" It's behind the pickles on second shelf". I turn around and see Yuko, my childhood friend, coming towards me holding out an apron.

"Look at what a mess you are even forgetting where you put the fish" she laughs jabbing me in the chest with her finger, pushing my apron towards me.

"Well I'm blaming Minako", I blush putting the apron on.

"What did she do? Give you another one of her potions?" She asks smiling while checking on the boiling dashi.

"You know how she is always testing new stuff on me." I grumble preparing the fish.

"Well she can't test her potions on anybody important, so that's why you're her test subject " teases Yuko. 

"Ha ya I'm so not important," I say. "No the only reason why she tests her stuff on me cause I'm her cousin. The thought that I am the boss' son never crossed her mind. It doesn't matter here. I will forever be her little cousin."

Yuko and I then fall into a comfortable silence as we continue to make breakfast. I sneak a few looks at her. Her concentrated look is so cute. The way she sticks her tongue out slightly when she is extremely focused is a habit I always teased her about but secretly loved.

As we wrap up, the first member of our Mafia group: Hasetsu Ninjas comes downstairs for breakfast. And who else would it be but Takeshi. Yuko immediately perks up and hands him his rice bowl, miso soup, fish, and even gives him extra pickles. As per usual, he ignores me and I plaster a fake smile on my face.