Chapter 55

Yuri

"Yuri, you see...Life for Victor has never been normal."Yakov begin. I draw my eyebrows together.

"I mean I wouldn't think any person who became the mafia world's ice prince would have a normal life." I say looking confused.

"I mean of course, anyone from Ice wouldn't have had a normal upbringing, but Victor especially." he explains to me. "You see Victor wasn't born from a woman."

"So you mean he is a cesarian baby?" I ask (a/n lol sorry I'm studying Macbeth in English rn)

He takes a deep breath in, "No, I mean he was made in a lab."

"Ohhh I get it. Like he had gay parents, or he had infertile parents."I say.

Yakov sighs again, "No boy, what I'm trying to say is that WE made Victor in a lab..."

I stare at him open mouthed starting to piece things together.

"You see, we specifically selected a sperm and egg which had the best genetic to suit our needs... that being a fighter, a weapon. Then while the baby was still in it's embryonic stage, where it is quite easy to play around with the genetic make up, we changed his DNA strands in his hands to be able to produce ice. We set up the genes in his limbs so that they would be able to drop to a very low temperature, and thus freeze and condensed the water vapor in the air onto his hands. And so, he can form ice things on his limbs like what you saw. And to release them, he just fires a brain signal to warm up his limb temperature, and the ice structures just fall of. He can control his environment by lowering his body temperature at the surface of his limbs, and also form ice in the environment."

I'm quiet for sometime, "And let me guess you got the name 'Ice' from all this? When did you even start planning for this whole thing..."

"Well, when I graduated high school, I saw that there was so much in my society that I wanted to change. Women were being abused, homeless were treated like trash, the LGBT+ community had so much hate for simply just existing... and I thought to myself, How on earth can I deal with these problems, and many more that plague my mind? And that how I came up with the idea of making a Mafia group. I saw that the government was not doing anything to fix these problems. In fact in someway, they were adding to it. I knew that there needed to be change, and although I would prefer to have done it in a more peaceful way, I knew nothing would be able to get done. So a couple of friends and I decided to be the change we wanted to see in the world, and formed an underground group. At the time we called ourselves The Change. Some of my friends were really smart, and when we started running low on money and weaponry, we just made our own. Slowly but surely we made an impact in our small local community, and I thought, What if we did this large scale? Not just in our small town, but to the whole nation? So that's what we tried to do. But it was hard. At that time there was another Mafia group in power in Russia. I think you may be too young to have heard of them, but they called themselves Бог, or God, or Kami. And they were defiantly in the way, and contributed to many of the issues that I wanted to solve. But at the time I couldn't do anything about it because I did not have the power to over throw them. So walking back the National Russian Mafia meeting on year, it was snowing...but then it started hailing. Large balls of solid water falling from the sky. I quickly went to go find shelter. I stood by the window, and watched how destructive these little solid water balls were. It is something we see every day, something normal that we have been accustomed to... I mean it's just water in a solid form. In fact something that we need to survive... it was water, yet it was so deadly. That's how I came up with the idea of creating weapons using ice. I mean it would be cheap and affordable too. At the same time, the my scientist friends were working on genes. How different genes would allow a human to have certain talents, or develop in a certain way, a certain physicality. So I brought the idea of using ice as a weapon to my friend, and they some how managed to combine my idea to their work, and produced Victor." Yakov explains.

"So Victor is a weapon that you made... how is that ethically right? I mean you basically gave a baby powers to use it as a weapon. You tied down his fate. To always have to fight. That's not right! It's not fair!" I cry.

Yakov smiles wanly, "Oh I know, do I ever know boy. But at the time, I was blinded by the need to get to the top. I needed Victor in order to achieve my vision. And once I got there, once I got to the top, I realized what I had done... but it was too late... I raised this boy on the soul purpose to kill, and destroy, and spread chaos. I realize that I wasn't treating this boy like a human, I treated him like an object... He knew nothing except blood, death, and destruction. I raised this boy for 10 years in order to be a weapon. I tried to correct my mistake. I started to try to let the boy have fun, experience life outside the mafia business after I got to the top... but until he met you, he was just like a robot..." Yakov smiles ruefully at me. "You managed to give Victor a spark, a reason to live, and for that I thank you."

I stare at Yakov flabbergasted. Here in front of me was one of the Mafia world's most powerful men, on the verge of tears, thanking me... I'm at a loss for words. I just stare at him as he looks at me sincerely with damp eyes, smiling.

I clear my throat trying to find my voice..."and the girl in the basement?"

Instantly the smile on his face drops, and he loses eye contact.

"Ummm, Victor called her NORMAN II if I remember correctly..." I prompt him.

"Well, you see, the project of creating Victor was called NORMAN, standing for Nuclear Ordeal Recreation Man that is Absolutely Normal. We named the project this because we went into such fine detail with Victor, that we even planned and looked at things down on a nuclear scale, and we were trying to make him seem like a normal man. For some reason, two years ago we received a threat... a nuclear threat, from a person's who's address we are still tracing. The threat told us that we needed to make a NORMAN II, and give him/her to them. They threatened the whole Russia that we worked so hard to protect if we did not make them a NORMAN. So I ordered for another one to be made, and we sent progress updates to a different email every month... But really I was planning on hiding NORMAN II at the amusement park while we figured out what to do."

I'm mind blown... so some how I got the Ninja's involved with such a mess... Why? I really am not ever going to be a good enough boss for them. 

So this was the weapon that was supposed to be hidden at the amusement park...Well, all that I can say is that this park better be able to hold her in.

------------------------------------

A/n

Hello lovely human beans~

How was the chapter? Does it all may sense... comment any questions, and I'll see if I can help can help clear things up. How does it feel to finally know Victor's secret? Who do we think it is that sent the threat?

Anyhue, see you in 2 days with a new update...

If I mapped things out properly, then the last chapter will be chapter 59, and the epilogue will be chapter 60.

Peace out.