Chapter 9

Yuri

I am left alone in the kitchen. I walk over to the bowl that Victor was using. I see a brown melted substance. I dip my finger into it and then lick it.

Chocolate

Clearly Victor was planing on baking something with chocolate. I hear the oven ding. I walk over and open the door. Instantly the smell of a vanilla cake hits me. My glasses fog and I have to take them off to clear them.

I take an oven mitt and use it to help take the cake out of the oven. The aroma of vanilla was filling my nose, it smells great. I set the cake down on the counter as Victor comes back in triumphantly holding the whisk.

"Ha, I got it back," he smiles waving the whisk in the air. I smile. "Oh good you've taken the cake out, I was afraid i left in in too long, and it would burn the house down again." He comes over an inspects the cake.

My eyes grow wide hearing the word again! Don't tell me he burned down an estate before by baking a cake!!! I clear my throat, "I didn't know you could cook..."

"Neither did I," laughs Victor, " I just tried to make you something special."

I laugh, "well it smells great, thank you, but you really didn't have to make me anything..." I look around the kitchen, and it's a mess. All the ingredients for the cake are strewn around the counter. There is white powder on the floor (I'm assuming that it's flour) and dirty bowls in the sink. I look up and see a little bit of dough on the ceiling... how did that even get there? "Wow... you really did make a mess"

Victor runs a hand through his hair, "I really did didn't I?" He shrugs, "well lets hope the cake turns out better that the kitchen did."

He dumps the bowl of chocolate on the cake, then pulls a knife out from his pant's pocket. He flips it open then cuts me a slice.

"Here Yuri enjoy. I hope it turned out well." He hands me the slice on a plate with a fork. He then proceeds to cut himself a slice.

Hoping that the cake was less of a disaster than (a/n my life... America..lol) the kitchen, I take a bite of the cake... which tastes kinda salty... never mind kinda it tasted VERY salty... saltier than Yurio, and that's saying something. Wanting to spit it out, I mentally forced my self to keep on chewing not wanting to embarrass Victor.

"It's that bad, huh?" Asks Victor watching me as a swallow.

"No no..." I try to smile, but it probably come out as a grimace

"Ok..." Victor says taking a bite of the cake. As his mouth closes around the bite, his eyes budge, and he spits the cake back onto his plate. "That was SOOOO SALTY!!!!!!" He instantly goes to the fridge looking for something to drink. He finds a bottle of coconut water, and takes a huge gulp. Finally he looks up at me.

"How on earth could you even have swallowed that Yuri?"

"Umm... I just didn't want to hurt your feelings,"

Victor laughs. "You wouldn't have hurt my feelings. The only thing you hurt was your own tongue for having to taste that. Here have some coconut water to wash down that disgusting cake." He hands me the bottle, and I blush if I were to drink I would be sharing an indirect kiss. I hesitate before bringing the bottle to my lips. Victor watches satisfied.

"Umm... if it wouldn't be too much trouble would you like me to make something as a snack?..." I ask eyeing the ingredients, really wanting to bake something that would be better than a salty cake.

Victor sighs, " Yes you can. I suppose the cake is no good... better throw it away." Then his eyes light up, "no I'll get Yurio to eat some, then he can have a taste of his own saltiness."

He heads for the exit for a second time, "I'll be back Yuri."

•••

Yurio

I'm sitting in Yakov's office being lectured. About what I don't really care. After Victor grabbed the whisk from me (by ticking me! How unfair is that!!! He knows I have extremely sensitive neck!!!), Yakov found me in the hallway. Before I had a chance to run away, his hand was clamped firmly on mine, and I was dragged to his office.

The door flies open, and there stands Victor.

"What having problems with Baka?"

Victor smiles at me. But it's a funny smile. I don't like it.

"Victor get out of here I'm trying to talk to Yurio!" Yells Yakov.

"Too bad, I need him. Anyways I doubt he heard a word you said." I nod my head, "anyways I just need to borrow him for a little bit." States Victor with a cheeky smile on his face.

I groan. Should I take my chances (and be a whisk taker) and go with Victor, or do I stay to be yelled at by Yakov. I rather stay with Yakov, no one ever knows what Victor is planning. But it's as if I, or Yakov for that matter, have a choice. Victor strides over to me, and picks me up.

"Let me down!" I grunt trying my best to punch him. He's unfazed.

"I'll bring him back as soon as I'm done with him." Victor calles over his shoulder as we exit the room. Yakov is yelling at Victor, but Victor continues walking.

I notice that we are heading to the kitchen. Kami I don't want anything to do with this. Victor's cooking is horrendous! I rather be shot than eat his cooking! I squirm even more trying to escape Victor's iron string hold, but it's fruitless.

"Let me go you gorilla!!! I don't want to taste your cooking!!!"

"You say it as if you have a choice!" Laughs Victor.

----------------------------------------

A/n
Good morning lovely humans!!! (It's morning for me!) I don't know what I wanna do with my life and course selections are due today and I don't have a clue what I want to do!!!