Chapter 43

Phichit

I got dragged back to Victor's room... by the ear but Yuri.

Seung Gil Lee just followed behind us silently.

We get to Victor's room, and Yuri pulls me in roughly, and I stumble in, and land on the sofa.

"Ow." I mutter.

"Oh come on, the sofa isn't even that hard!" Yuri says exasperated.

"But you-"

"No buts." Yuri cut in. "Now you tell me why you had a knife to Seung-Lee's neck. And it better be a good reason."

"Uh..." I say hesitating under the glare of mad Yuri, "I heard you were injured and was upset, and fed up of not having any answers, and-."

Yuri cuts me off again, "Ok, that's an understandable reason." He turns his glare to Victor. "See, there are people who get mad at being left out. So you better frigg*ng tell me what the heck is going on!"

I smile secretly to myself. I'm glad that Yuri's anger  directed somewhere else now, and it is especially funny to watch the prince of the mafia world squirm under the control of the level headed glare of the Ninja's normally sweet boy, Yuri Katsuki.

"I- a- um..." Stumbles Victor getting caught over his own words, obviously feeling uncomfortable. "You see-"

He gets cut of, "There was just a testing for a new weapon that Ice is developing." Seung Gil Lee interjects smoothly.

Yuri spins around, and stalks up to Seung Gil Lee. "You sir, say that whatever I had a glimpse of was mearly a weapon?" In the corner of my eyes I see Victor on the bed shiver. I mean same bro. Yuri can be scary sometimes. "I don't think that what I saw could be a weapon, it did so much damage. I may not be injured badly, but that's only because of Victor." Seung Gil Lee's eyes shift to Victor, and he raises his eyebrows ever so slightly. Victor sees the raised eyebrow, and hangs his head ashamed slightly... for what I don't know. Yuri is still focused of Seung Gil Lee. "And I though you were just a brainy kid at school. Where do you fit in in this mess."

Seung Gil Lee obviously relieved that the topic had shifted away from the weapon or whatever that Yuri was mentioning before. Once again, I don't know why he looked relieved he just did. I know that Yuri wouldn't be able to read Seung Gil Lee's face, but I know that face. It's the face he does when he gets a good test back, or when he mixed his chemicals right in chemistry, or when he answers the question right in class... the face he has when I walk into the room... I notice these things.

"Well, I work for Ice." He says simply.

"In what department do you-" I start but once again, unsurprisingly gets cut off.

"Doing what?" Yuri asks.

"Research and development I guess you could say." Seung Gil Lee answers mildly.

Yuri narrows his eyes, "And how did you get the job in the first place? You transferred here in first year from South Korea, you couldn't have possibly known Ice if you weren't part of the Mafia circle."

"Actually I met Victor a while back... but that was a long time ago... I really got connected because in middle school I ran a medicine, drug, health, information type of blog where basically people would tell me their symptoms, and I would diagnose them to the best of my ability, then give them my advised treatment. One day I get this really rare case of symptoms I have never even heard of before. Imagine who sent in those symptoms."

We all turn to look to Victor.

"What were the symptoms? Were they for stupidity?" Yuri says looking at Victor pointedly. "Hey I said lie down, I don't care if you don't like it. It's not my fault that you got burnt and twisted you're neck by shielding me. I swear you will never do that again. Got it? Cause if you do I will never forgive you."

Seung Gil Lee laughs, "The symptoms were: being moody, having mood swings, feeling sluggish, having no energy, not being as strong as you used to, and heart pains."

"That's me on a daily basis..." I say under my breath.

"And I had never experienced or read anything about all these symptoms affecting one person all at the same time, so I researched into it, and reported back to Victor when I had the results. Victor thought that I did such a good job that he offered me a position. But I refused because I couldn't move to Russia for a job, especially because I'm still in school. Victor said that I could do all my work online and could face time in for meetings and conferences or whenever needed, and that's how I'm connected to Ice."

"What did he have?" I ask. Finally, I get to ask something without being interrupted.

Seung Gil Lee turns to me, "A broken heart... confused love...more specifically a difficult love kind of love where he himself is hesitant to fall for because of certain circumstances, and all while he is confused about the other parties' feelings."

Yuri softens at this. He looks back at Victor who is smiling weakly at him. I visibly see Yuri calm down, and he blushes a little.

"Umm... I'm... I'm going to go to the kitchen to make something... anything special you guys want?"

Excited I stand up. "I want curry!"

Yuri laughs, and heads to the kitchen, and I walk out as well.

As I exit, Seung Gil Lee starts to move closer to Victor.

Yuri continues down the hall, but I pause ,and slip out of the room but stay out of sight, but still close enough to hear the conversation.

"You lie well." That's Victor.

"I wasn't lying. Phichit would be able to see me through. I was only telling half truths though."

"Well, I consider telling them only half the truth lying..."

"But the half that we haven't told them is the half we need to make sure never gets out of the basement ever again-"

"PHICHIT I'M GOING TO NEED HELP WITH THE CURRY HURRY UP!" Yuri calls from the kitchen. Seung Gil Lee and Victor stop talking pause and laugh.

"Maybe you should go check on them," Victor laughs

Aish. I slowly get up, and silently creep down the hallway, then break into a sprint for the kitchen.

I arrive at the kitchen out of breath. What the heck was the conversation I overheard?

-------------------------------

A/n

Hello lovely human beans~

Rn I'm having a sleepover with my friends... and it's complete chaos. I'm trying to write and kinda edit, and update, and I keep on getting distracted...

Lol happy easter to those who celebrate that, and happy belated passover for those who it pertains... and for everyone else, happy day!

Get excited for chapter 45 readers! I'm not going to give any hints... it's just that I'm very excited!!!

Anytoodles, see you in two days with a new chapter!

Peace out.