Last Chapter

Yuri

I'm sitting next to NORMAN's hospital bed... trying to clear up my thoughts. After hearing everything that Phichit said, I fainted. I guess I had a chemical imbalance when Phichit injected me, and the shock that he gave me with this whole cybrog, fire, NORMAN thing...My brain could not handle it.

Now, I'm here sitting by NORMAN's hospital bed, and pouring my heart out to her unconscious body. I don't really know why I find myself here at this 9-years-old hospital bed side, but I guess that she is really the only one I can think things through with at them moment because first, she's unconscious, and can't judge me, secondly, she isn't really involved with the whole mess. I mean after all the poor girl has only been up for two weeks, and has been in an unconscious state for the first 9 years of her life.

"Soo....I'm just so confused... I thought I had everything... everything I needed. I had a nice family, a loving and supporting family that loved and cared for me... but then this boy came to school, and everything was just a mess... ever since I laid eyes on that beautiful human... everything was different. He said that he saw potential in me... potential that nobody saw from me... he didn't shelter me like everybody else did. He believed in me like nobody else did... He taught me to believe in myself. And through these different lessons... I fell in love with him...And...and... I didn't know what to think at this time...I guess I thought that now I had achieved everything. I had a caring family, friends, and perhaps a boyfriend, and more importantly, my self confidence was growing.But then I found out everything is not like what it appeared to be... everyone seemed to have secrets. Secrets that they are keeping with me... and it's true. Everybody was keeping secrets from me." I shake my head, "Why!? Do people not think I'm worthy to keep secrets? I mean I know Victor says that he wants to protect me from the harsh reality... But I don't need protection. I can defend myself." I blow my bangs out of my face, and brush strand of hair away from NORMAN's face. I really am starting to care for this girl... like the younger sister I never had.

"Should I be upset? Or should I just put it all behind me? I don't know how to react... I don't know what to do... maybe this is the reason why people never told me anything... because I just don't know what to with all this information. Like I don't even know where to begin processing all this info..." I say thinking out loud, "I guess I'll start with Victor... it's not that I mind him being... well, whatever he calls himself... although I would call him human, I don't know if he'd agree. But anyways, it's not a problem that I'm dating this person who has cool powers (a/n also cool as in cold cause it's ice powers hehe). I mean I think it's kind of cool! But I don't know why he would keep it a secret from me... perhaps he was scared about what I would think of him. Which is something that I don't get because I clearly did not treat him any differently. To me he is still the adorable funny boy that I first set eyes on... whatever now Victor isn't someone that I have to spend to much time reflecting on... he is already perfect. But then there is Phichit... honestly, how could I have grown up with him, and never have noticed anything? But I guess that that is the point... for nobody to notice that he is different. I mean it's not like I'm going to treat him differently. He is still the Phichit I know and love. I'm just upset that he managed to find almost everything about me, and I didn't even know about this big secret. I'm- I'm just upset that I'm slow I guess. No doubt a Takeshi knew...that's probably the thing I am most upset about... not going to lie..." I pause and look at NORMAN. she looks so fragile, lying in bed. " and then there is the thing about you..."

I pause, and look down at NORMAN. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... sorry that I couldn't do anything to stop them from making you. I understand that is a large burden to bear having powers, and everything...but now that you are here... I can't really do anything except apologize I guess, and to tell you that, I will always be there to support and lead you. I promise you that I will start becoming more aware about what is happening around me. I promise I will protect you like an older brother should. I want to make sure that you don't grow up unhappy like Victor. I don't want you to find your reason of living when you get older. I want to make sure that life will be good for you. I promise. I mean I guess if my dad had you made, you are kind of like my little sister no?"

I reach over, and bring the blanket up to cover her up more. Suddenly, a hand grabs my wrist, and my eyes meet NORMAN's. I look at her speechless... did she hear everything I said? I mean i meant it more as an out loud reflection, a self, private reflection.

" I heard everything," She says in a low voice. "Did you mean it?"

Trying to collect my thoughts, I stumble over my words, "M- mean what?"

"What you said about me being part of your family." She says in a low whisper as if afraid to hear my answer.

I blink. "I mean yes of course. Why would I lie about something like that."

"Then give me a name." she says, as she perks up after hearing my answer

"A name?"

"Ya, you know something to call me by... an identity. I don't want to be called NORMAN II, or Project #666. I want a name."

I think for a while, and smile. She sure is a little fireball. The spark that she has should never be dampened. "Kasai."

"Ka-sai," she says trying to copy my pronunciation. "Ka-sai. Did I say it right?"

I nod my head.

"Ka-sai..." she says to herself, "It's nice! I like it. What does it mean?"

I smile, "Fire." she sits up eagerly to hear what else I have to say. "Your personality, and your skills, and you... the word just fits."

"Ka-sai!" she says smiling. "I'm Ka-sai, hello I am Ka-sai..." she says trying out her name.

I smile. "Kensai imouto."

She looks at me, and smiles, "Hello Niichan, I'm Kasai!"

----------------------------

A/n

Hello lovely human beans~

Welllllllllll... that was the last chapter... was it a satisfying end?

There will be an epilogue which will sort of be an introduction to the sequel... I plan to release the sequel in around a month when exams are over.

Cue the sappy thank you to all my readers:

I would like to thank you all for supporting me, and this fanfiction! This is the first fanfic I wrote, and so I understand it's bad, but thanks for making it to the end (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ.

Honestly I can't believe that I am at these stats, because I remember when I first started, I was excited when I had 40 views.

To all my readers who comment and vote, thank you so much. I'm not going to lie, but of those who comment, I get really excited to see how you react to different parts of the book, and it feels like I'm stalking all your comments... ya not creepy at all...

And to all my silent readers... you're cool too.

Anypoo, see you guys in 2 days with the epilogue!

Peace out.