Chapter 23

Yuri

"Yuri the truth is..." he pauses, and looks down at his feet, and then back up at me.

"Man, it's really hard to say this to you." He bites his lip. My heart starts racing faster. What is it that he needs to tell me!? My thoughts start racing... is it a confession? But confessing what? Pain? Death? Love...?

Wait what?! Do I want a love confession from Victor?

My mind's gears are turning, whirling.

"Umm... well here goes... you know the amusement park we're building?" He asks. I nod my head. I've heard a few things about it over dinner.

"Well," he continues, "it's going to be... um well, we're also going to be using it as a... a nuclear bomb hideout... and weapon storage..." he fades off.

I stare at him in stunned silence. I'm completely speechless... I don't know what to say.

"Well I wasn't expecting that..." I start off. Victor laughs. "So when were you planning on telling us a very the important fact that you are using the amusement park as a cover for a weapon hideout?"

Once again Victor smiles nervously. "Ha, you know, the funny thing is..."

"Is what?" I ask.

"Is that we weren't going to tell you guys."

"WHAT!" I yell.

"Is everything ok Yuri?" Dad calls to me.

"Yep. I Just need to heat up the food. I can't believe that it got cold!" I yell back at him.

"Ice is planning to keep such a huge secret from us... why?" I ask Victor lowering my voice.

"It's simple, because a) we don't have the cash, and b) we need someone to run the amusement park side of things. We won't be in Hasetsu forever no matter what Victor wants." Yurio says walking into the kitchen.

"And so why are you telling me this stuff?" I ask both of them.

"Well, this idiot can't seem to keep secrets when you are around. But you seem like you know how to keep a secret. You aren't in the action a lot, and so you can't be pressured to spill our secret."

"So you're telling me that I have to keep this a secret from the rest of my group!?" I ask in a heated whisper.

"I mean yes of course. If you tell them they might pull out of the deal, and we can't have that happening now can we?" Drawls Yurio.

"And how do you plan on making me stay quiet?" I ask

"Hey Yuri, do you need help?" I hear Phichit call, coming down the hall.

"Say one word to him-" Yurio whispers harshly into my ear, grabbing my arm.

I jerk my arm away from him, giving him a glare. I'm not that stupid. I'm mad, and when I'm mad, I don't let people tell me what to do. I do whatever the hell I want to do. But I'm not an idiot. If I tell anyone about what Victor told me about the amusement park being a cover as a weapon hideout, then us and Ice... we'll be over. History. We will make history (history maker) by starting a Mafia war. I can't believe Ice was planning to use us a scapegoat to hide their bomb away from their enemies and the government. I known that many people have killed others just to have a little bit of knowledge about Ice's nuclear bomb process.

"Ya you know what I can use some help." I say looking coolly at Victor and Yurio. Yurio glares back at me, while Victor looks... well Victor looks like Victor.

Phichit walks into the kitchen oblivious to the tension in the room. I deep past Yurio, and place my hand on Phichit's shoulder. "Can you help me bring out the beef?"

•••

Victor

Yuri is still mad at me... he keeps on looking at me across the table, and flipping his head, harrumphing slightly. Although he's mad, he looks hella fine. Like smoking hot. When he's angry he becomes someone totally different. Normally he's kind, and timid, but when he's angry he's...seductive.

"Thank you so much. Yuri, that meal was delicious." Compliments Yakov. "Feel free to come over any time, especially if you want to cook!"

Wow even Yakov was spell blind by Yuri's cooking. Not that I'm much of one to talk. I mean that was the thing that caught my attention all those years ago...

"I wouldn't want to impose on your hospitality any long-" begin Yakov.

"Can I bring the leftovers home?" Interrupts Mila.

Yakov looks mildly annoyed that Mila interrupted him.

Yuri laughs. "For sure, I don't mind."

Everyone looks eager. I don't blame them.

Yakov clears his throat. "Well, thanks Yuri. I think we overstayed our welcome, we should leave."

"I'll be right back." Yuri says slipping off with the left overs.

I really didn't want to leave with things still so tender between us. I try. To follow him into the kitchen, but Yurio grabs my hand and jerks his head in Yakov's directions. Yakov who was looking longingly after Yuri and the leftovers saw the exchange between Yurio and I. He raises his eyebrow.

Sh*t now he'll know that something is up... if he finds out that Yuri knows about the amusement park being a cover for a weapon storage. I even told him that we were putting our nuclear weapons in the amusement park!

Yakov gives me a hard glare, but Yuri has come back with the packaged left overs.

"Thank You." Yakov says smiling at Yuri.

Yuri smiles back, but I can tell it's a fake smile. Yuri's real smile can light up a room. So he really is mad at us.

"Well, thanks for having us." Yakov says as we exit Hasetsu Ninjas' base.

I look at Yuri desperately trying to ask him to keep our secret, and to plead with him to not be mad at me.

When I catch his eye he gives me a frosty smile.

"See you at school, Nikiforov"

Man, he's mad.

-----------------------------------

A/n

Hello lovely human beans.

This is a prewritten author note, so bear with me...

As I'm writing this I'm stranded in a metal death trap in the high in the air... but they have a Kpop playlist that's 2 hours long, so.... ya

Anyways There should be a new chapter in 2 days if not, gentility remind mswattsquiggles anyways... pls continue to read comments because your comments literally are the highlight of my day...

Mswattsquiggles: I'm awesome. Just PM if i forget though I'll probably update at night around 9 pm in Ontario. 

Peace out.