Chapter 03 - Isabella can marry Roger.

POV Freddie

Wessex Studios - London

August 1977

It's the last Friday in August. Bri, Deacy, Rog and I are leaving the studio after another day of recording and we decided to go to a pub for some drinks. Roger drove his Aston Martin quickly through the streets of London and Bri was sitting in the passenger seat next to Rog. Deacy and I were in the backseat of the car. The four of us were talking about the new album we were recording.

- Dear Bri, I have not asked you yet, but where did you get the inspiration to write the song It's Late? - I asked.

I confess that I am curious myself, I always want to know in whom or in which my friends were inspired to write a certain song. Bri remained silent for a moment and I realized he did not mean it.

"I'm sorry dear Bri, you do not have to say who or what you inspired to write It's Late," I said.

"I'll tell you one day, Freddie," Bri said thoughtfully.

Deacy was silent, and Rog stopped the car at a red traffic light tapping behind the wheel as he played I Stole Your Love from Kiss.

'' You played with my heart, played with my head

I got to laugh when I think of the things you said "(Roger was singing the song with a strong drumming on the steering wheel).

When the signal turned green Rog accelerated the vehicle and shortly after we arrived at the pub, where we were already known by the owner and the waiters took us to a reserved table and already brought drinks and snacks for us. Roger had cut his hair and now his hair reaches his ear. Deacy, who also had long hair, decided to cut it too, and now she had short hair and I also cut a little of mine, only Bri, continued with her hairdresser and said she would never cut her hair. Bri is very radical. He said his hair is his trademark.

While we were at the pub, we drank beers, ate some snacks, and talked animatedly. Roger saw a hot blonde, who was staring at him. Then Bri said,

"Do not even think about having the hot blonde, Roger. Jim Beach is already talking to his sister Clare, who is a lawyer and they are almost done with the nuptial contract, as it should be. Soon you will have a future girlfriend and bride. You can not put the plan to waste now.

"You do not have to remind me every minute, Bri," Roger said irritably, taking his beer. "My sister Clare, who has just finished law school, who already works as a lawyer, as well as being a lawyer for the band with the support of Jim, now he's formulating the contract too, all this is crazy.

"It really is crazy, but for the band's own good and the fans are not disappointed with you and do not disrupt Queen's progress, you will have to get married, Roger," Deacy said quietly. "Just a year and a half, pass fast, Rog. You'll get over it. Do this for the band, please. It is our only hope.

"I'll do all this for the band," Roger said, lighting a cigarette.

We left the pub around midnight and Rog left Bri and Deacy at home and was now taking me to my apartment in Kensington. Tomorrow, the boys and me, with Veronica, Mary and Chrissy, we agreed to meet Sue and Isabella at the Dominos pizzeria at 10 p.m. to eat the best pizza in the UK and have beer. We have already booked the place in the pizzeria and only one wing will be closed for us, so no one will disturb us. The boys and I are finishing recording Queen's new album and soon we will be making new shows, so while we are in London we want to see and talk to our dear friends. Sue and Isabella are very special, we met the two in Brighton in the summer of 1971 when Queen was still early in her career and was not yet known, it was just an underground band. The boys and I did a lot of gigs in Bella's grandmothers pub in Brighton. Roger refuses to go to the pizzeria because he said he would find Isabella.