Chapter 09- Friction.

POV Roger

Friday. Eight-thirty at night. Freddie, Deacy, Bri and I are in my car, heading towards the pub. Let's introduce ourselves at eleven o'clock, but the boys and I will do a rehearsal at the pub before opening it and then we'll have some snack over there. I talked to the guys about Isabella.

"So, dear Rog, are you anxious to see the fair-haired brunette in the gray eyes?" Freddie asked, smiling.

"You just have to say you're in love," Bri smiled. "Take it easy, brother. You've had two amorous disappointments, if you have a third ...

"I'm not in love," I said, watching the traffic. "I just found Isabella too beautiful and sweet, she's sweet, do you understand?"

"You've fallen in love," Deacy smiled. "You almost killed the girl yesterday, run over. I do not know how she forgave you.

- Was inadvertently. What matters is that Isabella forgave me. And talking to her I noticed her accent, she's not British, I'm sure, both by the accent and the body. She's very hot, "she said, stopping at a traffic light." She has the face of an angel and the body of a goddess. You will see for yourself.

"Dear Rog, you fell in love," smiled Freddie, sitting on the side bench.

Bri and Deacy were in the back seat laughing at the comments.

"You're crazy," he said, leaving the car again when the signal opened.

About nine o'clock we arrived at the pub and set up the musical instruments. On the stage there was already the piano that belongs to the pub. The boys helped me carry the battery inside. When we arrived, Mr. Mike and Mrs. Janice were already there.

- Good evening, guys, I hope you like the acoustics of the house. Everyone says they are good. I hope you approve. Said Mike, smiling.

We all greeted Janice and Mike cheerfully and said we will test the acoustics of the house. After we assembled all instruments and tuned them, we began rehearsing around 9:30 p.m. The pub opens at ten-fifteen for guests. We only have forty-five minutes to get through most of the songs. The acoustics of the house is very good, really. Isabella had not yet arrived. Does she really come?

POV Isabella

I finish packing and put on a black shorts, red all star on my feet and a Pink Floyd T-shirt that I'm a fan of. I put little makeup on my face, just red lipstick and an eyeliner. I put some perfume and my flower headband on the head. My best friend Sue was in my room ready. She lives a street above my house.

"You look beautiful, Bella. You're sure to impress the blue-eyed drummer, the drummer boy, "Sue smiled.

"I do not want to impress anyone, Sue," she said, laughing as she finished passing the perfume and then taking my little bag, documents and the key to my grandmother's truck, which she left with me, to go to the pub.

- OK, I believe. It is nine-thirty at night. We'd better go. The pub opens at ten-fifteen. The way you drive just like a turtle we'll arrive after ten-fifteen at night, "Sue said mockingly.

"I do not drive a turtle like that, I drive at the speed limit, I'm not too fast and not too slow, I do not exaggerate," I smiled.

We got in the truck and went to the pub and while driving, Sue did her antics. She's like my blood sister.

We arrived in front of the pub at ten at night. I parked my grandmother's truck in a parking lot next to the pub. I saw the queue outside the building and smiled. It's summer and there are many young people in line and older people too. Since I'm the granddaughter of the pub's owners, Sue and I entered a side door without a queue and went straight to the bar and the diner to order drinks and food. Sue and I ordered two chilled coconut chips and a portion of fish and chips with pea puree. Sue and I sit at a table, next to the stage where the boys are rehearsing. They noticed our arrival and Roger smiled at me. At ten-fifteen in the evening they stopped the rehearsal because the entrance of the pub's customers was authorized. Roger and three other boys came our way.