Chapter 35 - Love Jury in Brighton / 1975 / Final part

POV Roger

After Christmas, on December twenty-six, Bella, my sister Clare, my mother Winifred, my friends Tim and Les and Sue went to Brighton to spend the New Year. The Hammersmith Odeon show was a success, the music press was only compliments.

Over the next few days, our other friends were arriving and Bella's grandmother's house was getting full. Bella's grandparents congratulated the boys and me for Queen's success and we will be eternally grateful to them for the opportunities they gave us when we introduced ourselves in Brighton four and a half years ago.

In the next few days, my sister Clare and my friend Les confessed to Bella and I that they are in love. At first I was shocked by the news, but at the end I smiled and hugged them. I confess that I also felt a bit jealous of my sister, but, she is already a woman of twenty-two and can already make the decisions of her life.

"Take good care of my sister, Les. If you hurt her, I'll kill you, I'm warning you, "he said, smiling at Les, but in fact.

"Do not worry, Rog, I'll take good care of your sister," Les said, smiling.

"Also after that threat, dear Les, it is good that you take good care of dear Clare," said Freddie, smiling.

The days went by until finally December 31 arrived. While the women tended the evening meal, the boys and I took care of the drinks and the music. I'm feeling very happy, here in Brighton, where I met Bella, what we live.

At night of the thirty-first day of December, near midnight, we all went to the beach, watching the fireworks, before we ate. At midnight began the fireworks, congratulating the beginning of 1976. The beach was full of tourists, glad that the boys and I went unnoticed. We toast with champagne and then greet each other with Happy New Year. Bella and I toasted and then sipped our drinks and kissed each other on the lips and made love vows in Brighton with the beautiful stars and the moon as a witness.

- I am the happiest man in the world, to have you by my side, my love, always, loving me, being my friend and for being successful with Queen, but none of this would matter to me if I did not have you With me, it would be a void, "I said, stroking Bella's face.

"I say the same, my love, nothing without you would make sense in my life. You have conquered your dream, now I need to conquer mine. I have great news for you: I will start writing my book and a publisher has already shown interest in my story for them to edit. - Bella said smiling - In the future I will be a great writer and I want you participating in my conquest.

- And I will be with you my life - said smiling kissing Bella on the lips - Happy 1976 my love that is a year of great achievements for us.

- Happy 1976 my love, for us, that we can always be together, that is one of great achievements for us - said Bella smiling kissing me.

P.S: Unfortunately 1976 will be a tumultuous year for Roger and Bella. Their romance will be flattened.