Chapter 39 - The Other Side / February-March 1976

POV Roger

I'm touring with the guys in the United States of America. It's February. After breaking off with Isabella, she suffered a car accident and I felt lousy. She flipped over the car four times and was in an 18-day induced coma, and before I traveled with the boys to America, I did not visit Isabella at any time. Of course I was worried about her. If I say I do not love Isabella anymore I'll be lying, but the hurt I feel from her is great and I did not have the courage to visit her either, because I feel responsible for her accident. She left my upset apartment the day I finished dating, but Freddie, Bri and Deacy went to visit her every night. Freddie told me to go and visit her, but I did not have the guts. I cried every night for Isabella being in an induced coma and begging God for forgiveness because I felt the great culprit, I felt the worst of the creatures, yet I did not visit her. On January 30th, the boys and I embarked for America to tour the album A Night at the Opera and two days later, on the first of February, Isabella finally woke up from the induced coma, I was very happy with the news, but , I did not demonstrate. I cried a lot too. During the tour, the guys have been talking to Isabella, mass, they do not tell me what they talk about. What I know of Isabella is that she's very hurt very much. And I'm very disappointed in her. She deceived me, omitted important facts for me, and still got my money. If I wanted to, I would have made a complaint against her, I just did not do it because of her grandmothers and the five thousand pounds I can recover now. When you return from the tour you will buy a new house and a new car. During the month of February the tour in America passed through Waterbury, Connecticut, Boston and Philadelphia and then we went to four consecutive performances at the Beacon Theater in New York. And Freddie and I joined Ian Hunter and Roy Thomas Baker in the Electric Ladyland studio, and Freddie and I participated in the recording of a song from the album "All American Alien Boy." Chris, Taylor, my roadie, was on tour. I became very close to him. At the end of February, we performed for the following four nights at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium and a final performance at the San Diego Sports Arena.

On the first of March, the boys and I returned to London. We stayed one month in the United States and we were successful, but the success of the band in Europe is much greater. Soon, the boys and I will return to Japan for many shows.

As soon as I returned, I informed Les that I would leave the apartment that I lived with. Les had also bought him an apartment in London. My sister Clare and he are dating seriously and in the future they even think about marriage. I am very happy for them. I bought another house for me in London with the money I got from the album A Night at the Opera and the royalties from I'm Love With My Car. This caused a bit of disagreement between the boys and me on account of money. Freddie has also made a lot of money with Bohemian Rhapsody. I bought a house for my mother and sister to live in London too, next to me. Clare is in her senior year of law school and my mother quit her job in Truro and came to live in London. I told her that I would support her now, that she would have her money and that she did not need to work, but my mother said she will make candy to sell. Still, I was very happy that she had agreed to leave Truro and live in London with my sister. Truro's house she did not sell. We'll go there, on vacation, or whenever we want. My mother and sister had their home and I had mine too, just for me, I lived next to them. I also bought a new car for me. I did not undo my Alfa Romeo. I will stay with him, to always remember the difficult phase of money I had and give value to things. I was with Alfa Romeo, but I bought a new Range Rover for me and will soon buy more new cars. Also in March, I applied for kart races at London's kart track. During the month of March, before the boys and I went to Japan, I had go-kart lessons with an excellent teacher.

The boys and I have also participated in many interviews with British channels, including Rolling Stone Magazine, we have participated in photo shoots and the number of groupies for us has increased a lot, especially for me. I've been with lots of women, just for sex. That's what they're for, every time I give my heart to someone, I get hurt and with Isabella it was no different, I know, you may think I'm exaggerating, she did not betray me with any man, like my other two Ex-girlfriends, but, Isabella betrayed me in confidence, in lie, in omission, and I do not admit that either. So I went back to being the womanizer son of a bitch that women say I am, I've been to many stripper clubs, I've been drinking and smoking a lot. I've even used cocaine, but little I'm not a dependent user like Isabella's idiot friend, Luke's asshole. Bri and Chrissy were married the second week of March and they went to Venice, Italy, on their honeymoon, they enjoyed it a lot. I was Bri's godfather and Veronica was Chrissy's godmother. Isabella, of course, was present at the wedding. She did not lose friendship with anyone. Her problem is really with me. During Bri's marriage, Isabella and I exchanged glances, but we did not speak. At the end of March, I saw that five thousand pounds fell on my current account and the bank transfer was Isabella. How did she get that money? I was intrigued. So I decided to go to his apartment and get it clean. I called her, I got the number. She picked me up reluctantly and said I was going there, talk to her and I did not wait for her to answer and I hung up the phone. I went to the garage of my house, got into my Range Rover and started the vehicle, singing tire, heading towards my ex-girlfriend's house.