Chapter 06 - The meeting

Q: The next chapters will explain how Roger and Isabella met years before 1977, how they became friends and what happened so serious for Roger not to forgive Isabella. More ahead I will return the story already with the engagement and the false marriage of Roger and Isabella.

Part of the fanfiction will take place in the coastal city of Brighton. I dream of knowing the city of my dear reader @Yelizesra

Brighton

July 1971 

POV Isabella

I look in the mirror of my room and smile. Finally it's summer in the UK. I have a flowery dress and flip-flops and a flower headband on my head. I go to the kitchen and have my breakfast. Then I get into my grandmother's truck and turn on the vehicle. I go to the supermarket, buy some groceries, to take to the pub of my paternal grandparents. My name is Isabella Marins Linstey. I am eighteen years old. I made the birthday on May fifteenth. I was born in 1953, in São Paulo / Brazil. That's right. I'll explain: my mother's name was Cíntia Marins, she was Brazilian, a nurse, in a large hospital in São Paulo. My father's name was William Linstey, he was British, a doctor, from the city of Brighton. My father decided to leave Brighton and go to Brazil to work, because he wanted to know the world. When he finished college he went to Brazil and began teaching as a university professor and working as a resident doctor, in the same hospital that my mother had recently worked as a nurse. The two fell in love and started dating. My mother already spoke English, so the communication between them was perfect. A short time later my mother became pregnant. Both my father and my mother were twenty-three at the time. They rented a house at the sacrifice and decided to live together. On May 15, 1953, I was born. My parents, although very young, gave me all the love and education. From the time I was five, I was able to speak a few words in English, for I came to Brighton every year on vacation to stay with my father's family. At age seven, I officially entered an English school. I was very happy with my parents in São Paulo.

But my life changed radically because of a serious accident: my parents, one afternoon, left work at the hospital and were going to pick me up at school late in the afternoon, but my father hit the car In a truck. It was a very serious accident and they unfortunately passed away. I was ten years old. I failed to go crazy with what had happened. My maternal grandmothers, who are from poor families, said that they would not be able to stay with me, to raise me as a daughter. Then my grandparents from Brighton contacted my Brazilian relatives and said they would have my permanent custody, that they would take care of me as their daughter. Imagine the scene: after five months of my parents' death, my maternal grandmothers would sign various papers authorizing my trip to London by myself. I was almost eleven. It was traumatic for me. When I arrived in London, my paternal grandparents were already waiting for me at the airport. At the time, my paternal grandparents were forty-three. Eight years have passed since the death of my parents. My grandparents are now fifty-one years old. They are still in force. For the past eight years my grandparents gave me all the love and affection in the world, as if they were really my parents. My grandmother taught me how to knit, how to cook, and I knew I liked to sing too, and she talked to the priest and put me in the church choir to sing in the masses. Since high school, which I studied in Brighton, I made friends with Suely Mirney, or Sue, for the most intimate. We've been best friends since we were eleven.

I have long black curly hair, gray eyes and full lips and I'm not as skinny as many British girls my age, I have medium height and I have a thin waist, wide hip, thick leg, big butt and big breasts, typical of Brazilian girl. I have a Brazilian woman's biotype, I pulled my mother and my skin tone is light brown. Meanwhile, my friend Sue has a model body: she's slim, she has gorgeous long straight blonde hair and blue eyes. To tell you the truth, both my friend and I have drawn the attention of the boys, both from High School, and from the neighborhood. Both my friend and I have just turned eighteen, and soon we will be leaving for London, for the University. Sue and I got scholarship to study: Sue will be a law school, she wants to be a brilliant lawyer and I will be studying English Language and British Literature. I want to be a future successful writer and also a university professor of Literature.