Chapter 17 - 1973 / Forever grateful to you.

POV Isabella

I was dizzy since I used marijuana. The effect is passing, still I feel bad. I never use that shit or any kind of drug again. Luke influenced me and I was too foolish to experiment. I'm dying of shame. Roger looks at me and picks me up, he carries me silently to his car. He looks at me and opens the car door and puts me sitting in the passenger seat. I lower my head. He turns around and sits down in the driver's seat. He puts his seat belt on me and then on him. Then he starts the car and I realize he's making a different way out of my apartment.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask without understanding.

"I'll take care of you tonight," he said, driving steadily, watching the traffic.

"Rog, thank you, but I'm better," I said defensively.

"Bella, I'm going to take you to my apartment." Tonight I'll take care of you. - He said with conviction and serious.

I could tell Roger was annoyed. You sure as hell get annoyed with me because I tried marijuana.

"Thank you," I said simply, and he continued to drive quickly through the streets of London.

Twenty minutes later, we arrived at his apartment, which he shares with Les. When we entered there was a note on the coffee table in the living room. Roger took the paper and read aloud so I could hear:

'' I was not expecting you to get with Bella. Does this girl have to call you when you're with me and disturb our weekend? This is ridiculous. I know how her friend is, but, well, she might have called someone else. I'm going home if you want to go after me, because this weekend I will not be coming here. Signed: Jena. ''

When Roger finished reading the note, I said ashamed.

- I'm so sorry. I did not want to mess up your weekend with Jena, I really should have called someone else or asked for a taxi.

"You did good to call me, Bella. Whenever you need me, do not hesitate, I will always help you. As for Jena, then I get along with her. I already told her that as a girlfriend, she has to understand that my world does not just revolve around her, that I have family and friends and that I dedicate myself to them, all the time - said Roger looking at me.

I looked at my hands.

"Follow me," Roger said, and I followed him to his room.

He gave me a clean towel and said,

- Take a shower, relax. Here's my big T-shirt and my sweatpants, you can sleep with it. It's a cold night.

- Thanks! - I said going towards the bathroom.

I took off my clothes and took a shower. I washed my panties and set them to dry in the dryer for the next day. I washed my clothes too, which were a little vomit soiled, and put everything in the dryer in Roger and Les's apartment.

After the shower, in Roger's big T-shirt I go to the living room and Roger was sitting on the couch, quietly watching TV.

"Thank you for your sweatpants and your T-shirt." I said, smiling weakly. "The night is very cold.

"We're approaching winter, Bella," Roger said, glancing at me sideways.

I sat on the other couch, facing Roger. I'm dying of shame. He slapped his hand on the couch beside her and asked me to stay by his side. I stood up ashamed and sat beside him in silence.

"I suppose there are things to tell me, do not you think?" Roger asked, turning off the television and looking at me.

Her blue eyes glowed brightly and her long blond hair was brighter as well.