Chapter 16 - 1973 - The Dating of Isabella and Luke

POV Isabella

July

After the launch party for Queen's first album, a day later it was Brian's birthday celebration on July 19th. Bri was twenty-six years old and there was a celebration in the pub and in his parents' house. Bri is a bit quarrelsome with his father, therefore, he does not accept that Bri has given up the PH D in Astrophysics and that Bri is only now asked only with the band. On Bri's birthday in the pub, I asked my friend if I could take Luke because I do not want to keep holding a candle from any friend's couple. Bri agreed, though, not liking Luke much. Luke went with me to the pub and I noticed that Rog felt annoyed by Luke's presence, but, damn it, he's with Jena. During the night it was very good. Luke and I both danced a lot.

A week later, July twenty-six was Roger's birthday. And he said to me,

"Unlike Brian, I do not want you to take Luke. He does not like me and I do not like him either. I hope you understand and understand, Bella.

"Okay, I'll answer," he said simply.

And really Luke did not go to the twenty-fourth anniversary of Roger's birthday.

After two weeks of the boys' album release, the album sold slowly and was in 32nd place in the UK. In the press there were positive reviews such as: a shocking and dynamic debut of underground magazine Time Out. However the Musical Express was sarcastic and ended the image of the band when he said: a bucket of urine collides.

Freddie, Brian, Roger and John were very hurt by the heavy criticism and generated a great resentment towards the music press.

"One day the music press will recognize Queen's work, but it will be too late. From now on I declare war on the music press, "said Roger in disgust and understood perfectly why.

August

During the month of August, the boys went into the studio again to record a new Queen album. There were more songs, ready to be recorded. Roger had already graduated from Biology, only John will begin his Masters in Electronic Engineering at the end of September. For the whole month, Monday through Friday this time all day, they recorded up to twelve hours a day and on Saturdays they recorded in the morning.

They recorded the songs: Procession, Father to Son, White Queen (As It Began), Some Day one day, The Loser in the End (written and sung by Roger and in this music he honors his mother, because she gave affection and love For him in the last twenty years, but now Rog must go his own way). Also recorded: Ogre Battle, The Fairy Feller's Master - Stroke, Nevermore, The March of the Black Queen, Funny How Love is and Seven Seas of Rhye.

At the end of August, what I did not expect happened: my childhood friend Luke confessed to me that he is in love with me and that if I ever accepted him as a boyfriend he would be the happiest of men. I talked and asked for some time to think and he accepted. Still in August, Queen performed at the Mayfair club in Newcastle.

September

In September it was my turn to introduce Luke as my boyfriend on Freddie's twenty-seventh birthday. I told Freddie I would take Luke and my friend authorized me to take my childhood friend. I decided to give Luke a chance and we're officially dating now. Roger came up to me and said in my ear,

"I can not believe you're dating this idiot Luke, it sounds like a nightmare.

"Rog, do not worry about it, my friend, now you have your girlfriend, Jena, to make you happy," I said, smiling at Roger.

Of course Roger got pissed off with all this.

On September thirteen they played at Golders Green Hippodrome in London.