Chapter 12 - I Hate Roger Meddows Taylor - Second Half of 1972.

July 1972

POV Roger.

Isabella and I are not talking to each other. Damn, she kicked me out of her apartment to defend her friend Luke. It's okay that they are childhood friends, but, I do not like him and for me he's very fake. I'm afraid he can do something with Bella. We're on college vacation. I'm already a year studying biology, I have another year of studies and I was already and I'll dedicate myself to music, my only dream. Early in July, the boys and I returned to Trident Studios and began recording the song The Night Comes Down. The boys were asking why Bella and I were not talking and I explained.

"Dear Rog, our friend knows Luke well, even though we do not like him, we have to respect him, okay? Soon you will make peace.

"I hope so, Freddie," he said, lighting a cigarette in between the recordings of the album. "I'm very upset about the discussion I had with Bella. Damn, she's special to me.

Freddie smiled at me.

"Soon you'll make up, my dear friend," Freddie said, smiling.

Nineteen of July, we celebrated Bri's twenty-fifth birthday in a pub. Of course Bella was there. Our friends had fun and I was at the bar, drinking tequila, I was about to turn the sixth tequila followed, when I felt someone take the drink and away from me. When I look it's Bella, with her beautiful gray eyes and black hair and fleshy lips.

- Why are you here? He said gruffly, trying to get the tequila.

But Bella pushed the drink away from me.

"For that ridiculous joke, Isabella," he said angrily. "Give my tequila back, did not you realize I want to get drunk?" Keep dancing, on the dance floor, the boys are all watching you.

I was annoyed but, Bella pushed the drink even more from me and approached me and she looked at me sad.

"No, you will not get drunk tonight and do not exaggerate that it's not all the guys in the pub who are watching over me," she said, looking at me deeply.

"You're beautiful, Bella, and you succeed with men, the difference is you give yourself courage. She's a rare girl to meet. She's beautiful, sweet, not vulgar. And the boys respect you like Luke, "he said in annoyance.

- Roger, enough! - She said annoyed - I did not come to speak of Luke. I came to talk about us, about our friendship. Well, we're almost a month away from each other. Do not you miss our friendship?

"Of course I miss you, Isabella, but you kicked me out of your apartment when you were nervous, defending Luke. He said again annoyed.

"He does not talk about Luke, not now." She sat down beside me and looked at her hands in shame.

"You want to tell me something, Bella?" I asked looking at her.

- Please forgive me? I exaggerated by expelling him from my apartment, Rog. But on the day I was angry and ... I screwed up. I adore you and I do not want to be like this, away from you, without our speaking. Forgive me? She looks at me pleadingly.

I run my hand through her black wavy hair and smile. She smiled back.

"I can not say no to you, Bella. You're so sweet, lovely. - I smile and hug her - I forgive you, kitten.

Bella smiled and hugged me back and kissed my face.

"Thank you for forgiving me, Rog," she said happily.

Our friends knew we made up.

A week later, it was my twenty-third birthday and I celebrated at a pub in London as well. And the next day my mother came to London to spend the day with me, to celebrate my birthday.