Chapter 21 - My Girl / The Kiss - February / March 1974

POV Roger

Melbourne, Australia.

January 28, 1974

The boys and I are attending a musical event in the Melbourne city of Australia, which runs for three days and the event is located in a rural area of ​​255 hectares.

The boys and I performed on Saturday and it was chaos, overall. It all started because the event organizers wanted us to use their employees, apart from lighting and sound, but we brought our own staff. There was discussion before the band's introduction, until they agreed to use our equipment, but when we went to assemble our equipment and instruments, a popular Australian rock band invaded the stage and began to assemble their instruments at the same time. We said that we would first appear before us, but, they said they would be them, because they were already on the schedule, when we saw, the two bands were scheduled to play at the same time. What the fuck. We discussed and talked with the organization of the event and at the end we were first introduced but we were harassed by the event presenter and by the public itself, yet we introduced ourselves. But, it was a fiasco. The public threw cans of beer, empty bottles and even rocks.

At the end of the presentation Freddie said:

- When we get back to Australia, Queen will be the biggest band in the world!

The next day we returned to London and commented to our friends that our presentation was a fiasco in Melbourne.

"You're talented, you're going to get over this hostility, you're going to tour Oceania once Queen is known around the world," Bella said, encouraging the boys and me.

February 1974 ...

After we got back from Melbourne, Bella told us everything that happened and the threat that Jena had made to her. I told Bella that I'm going to get satisfaction from Jena and that she has no right to threaten her and that I broke up with Jena because she wanted to, by sheer will.

"Please, Rog, do not go after her and do not comment on what happened." Jena is crazy and if you do, she will not leave me alone, "Bella said.

"Bella, she can not and has no right to threaten you," I said in disgust.

"Rog, I promise if she does any more threats I'll let you know, okay?" But for now, do not talk to her. Bella asked.

"Okay, my angel, I will not talk to her," I said, hugging Bella and kissing her cheek.

My God, what's happening to me? Whenever I'm with Bella, my heart goes off. It's been a long time since I first met Bella, when I almost hit her, she caught my eye, but then we became great friends over time and our friendship became more and more strong. I have come to know not only Bella's beauty, but her character, her integrity, her justice, her sweet side and also her flaws like stubbornness, jealousy, besides being a bit temperamental. But, its defect near its qualities becomes small. I'm in love with Bella, if I stayed with Jena, it was just to forget my friend, but, I can not. I do not know if Bella feels the same for me, a very different feeling of friendship. I do not know how much longer I can bear to hide my feelings. When I returned to London, I decided to tell the boys what I felt for my friend. Freddie, Bri, and Deacy said they would not comment on the girls and commented that I should tell Bella shortly before it's too late. The same day, I went to the apartment where Clare lives alone and opened my heart to my sister and said everything I feel for Bella.

"I knew there was a stronger feeling for Bella, much more than friendship," smiled my sister. "And I'm sure she's on her side too, but she still has not noticed." You are great friends, but everyone already notices the passionate looks you exchange for each other. Open your heart to Bella without fear. Count me my brother.