Chapter 58 - Bracelet

POV Isabella

I'm in a dark place, walking through the darkness, listening to dying voices, people crying, suffering. The place where I am is very ugly. I remember everything I did, that I had an accident in myself. I think I died. The place I am is not on Earth. I sit on the floor, crying and feeling pain. There is no light, but a great light comes close to me and envelops me completely and through the great light I hear someone saying:

"Your time to leave has not yet come, Isabella. There is much to be done yet. Your life is not over! Come back, come back now!

Suddenly I see a great clarity and everything white around me. My eyes burn a little. I open and close my eyes for a few moments, until I realize that I'm in a hospital room. In the room are Sue, Roger and my grandparents? A man comes up and says,

"How do you feel, Isabella?"

I look at the badge of the man who is marked Doctor William XXX.

- What happened? I ask the doctor.

"Can not you remember what happened?" Asked the doctor.

"I remember I hit the car, which fell off the bridge toward the Thames, but then I did not remember anything else," she said thoughtfully.

"First they took your car out of the river, the rescue was to find it, farther away from the scene of the accident. You were almost drowning. You drank plenty of water. He suffered cardiac arrest, but survived. Here are your grandfathers, your friends and your boyfriends, "the doctor smiled.

I looked at Sue and smiled at her. When I looked at Roger and my grandparents I became serious.

"Can I talk to my friend Sue?" I asked the doctor.

- Of course yes. Then you talk to your grandparents and Roger, "the doctor said.

"Okay," she said a little sharply.

Roger and my grandparents left the room, only Sue and me.

- Why did you do that? Did you want to kill yourself? You are crazy? And how would I look without you here? Damn it, Isabella, did not you think of people who love you? "You're like my sister and no matter how sad, I'm here to help you, always.

"You have to think a little about yourself, Sue. You're dating Tim. Be happy with him, my friend and do not worry too much about me. She said seriously.

- Impossible. "I've known you since I was a child, we've been through so many things together and now you do it?" You almost died.

"It would be good if that had happened," she said thoughtfully.

- Stop talking about it, damn it! - Sue said irritated - Think of the people who love you, how I love you, ok? Do not be selfish. All times problems and challenges. Do not be egocentric.

Sue lowers her head and keeps crying.

"Sue, my sweet friend, forgive me, I did not mean to hurt you," she said with tears in her eyes.

"But it hurt me, that way you hurt me," she said, looking at me crying.

- Hug me? I said with tears in my eyes. "I need your support, my friend.

Sue smiled and hugged me tightly and we cried together and talked some more.

Soon it was time for my grandparents to come in and talk to me. Sue told me to forgive my grandfather, that he is very ill with the things he said and that if I had died he would never forgive himself. I was thoughtful. By the time my grandparents entered the room they were already crying. I just looked at them without showing any emotion.

"My beloved granddaughter," said my grandfather. "Forgive me for everything I told you, please forgive me." I am a monster.

My grandfather's hand trembled a little and I remembered his illness.

"Have you done the treatment?" I asked coolly.

"Yes, I've done the treatment, but it's no use if you do not forgive me." My grandfather cried.

I looked at my grandmother and him and I started to cry, softly, in silence and they hugged me. I forgave my grandfather, for everything he said about me. They said that they will give me all the support I need and that my grandfather now understands that I sacrificed my happiness was to pay for his medical treatment against Parkinson's.

After a while the nurse came in and said that Roger wanted to talk to me.

"Roger still loves you, my granddaughter. It's in his eyes, "my grandfather said." He was desperate when he thought of the possibility of his death.

"Roger does not love me anymore," she said in annoyance.

"He loves you and it will soon be evident," said my grandmother, smiling.

They leave the room. I look up at the ceiling of the room and shortly afterwards, Roger entered the room and sat down in the chair beside the bed.

- How it feels? He asked sadly.

"Better," he said, looking away.

"The doctor says you'll be discharged tomorrow." You will go to Surrey with me. I'm going to buy you a new car. I just hope you do not try to kill yourself again, okay? He said seriously looking at me.

"As if you cared if I died today," she said harshly.

"Of course I care about you," he said, looking at me gently.

I look at Roger and realize that on his right arm there is the silver bracelet I once gave him.

"What do you still do with that bracelet?" "I thought I had thrown it in the trash, after all, it does not make any sense to you, nothing that came from me."

"The silver bracelet has always been on my arm, Isabella," Roger said, looking at me. "Since I broke up with you, but you did not notice, did you?" But she's always been here. I love the bracelet and it has sweet memories.

Sweet memories? I raised my eyebrow. "I made you suffer, Roger, I mistook you, I omitted many things as you told me in the past. You did not forgive me.

At that moment Roger grimaced and I grimaced back.

"If you have not forgiven me, what do you want?" Since I did not die, be calm, I will fulfill the nuptial contract. We're getting married soon. This does not mean you have to worry about me or pretend to worry. Please, get out of the room, I do not want to be worthy of compassion to anyone, much less to you, Roger. - I said seriously without showing emotion.

"But, Isabella," Roger began, but I interrupted him.

- Get out. I do not want to see you, at least for today. Because tomorrow begins my astral hell in seeing you every day. She said, looking at him coolly.

Roger was sad. He rose from his chair and looked at me again. A tear ran down his face and he left the room.

It's not because I signed the nuptial contract that I have to be caring and caring with Roger. I do not want this, much less have his compassion. What about that fucking bracelet? He should have thrown it in the trash.

POV Roger

I leave the hospital and drive my Range Rover where I once asked Isabella for a date. I cry like child on the spot. No one knows what's going on in my heart right now. Just me. It is my will to shout to the world that I have always loved Isabella, who never stopped loving her, but, I can not.

To be continued.