Chapter 52 - Recapping the first chapters

August 1977

Wessex Studios - London

POV Roger

I finished recording with Freddie the vocal part of my song Sheer Heart Attack, which will be on the band's sixth album titled News of The World. My song Sheer Heart Attack I started to write it in the year 1974, for Queen's third album titled Sheer Heart Attack, but it was not ready in time for the album's release, so I finished writing the lyrics recently And finally I finish recording the song today. For two weeks, I recorded all the instrumental parts, that's right. I just did not play the guitar. Bri played the guitar brilliantly and in the last five days, Freddie and I have recorded the vocals.

Sheer heart attack

Sheer heart attack

Real cardiac ...

Finally Freddie and I finished recording the vocals of the song and called Deacy and Bri to listen to the whole song with the vocals and the instrumental. The song is about three minutes and forty-two seconds. We called the co-producer of the album to listen to the song too, Mike Stone. We all listened attentively to the song and at the end we smiled.

"Your song was excellent, Rog. We did a great job, "Bri said, touching my shoulder and I smiled at him.

- The whole effort paid off. Commented Deacy smiling.

"And you, Freddie, what do you think?" I asked him seriously.

"Your song is perfect, dear Rog," he smiled at me openly, baring his teeth.

- If the song came out perfect it was thanks to you too. - I said smiling with a cigarette - My friends, thank you for trusting in my work.

"No need to thank you, Rog, we know how important this song is to you. Since the third album of the band you wanted to put it and now has the opportunity to be on the new album - commented Deacy.

"Really the song is important to me, Deacy," he said, taking a drag on the cigarette.

"We all realize that, Roger," Mike Stone laughed.

"Dear Rog, could you tell us why this song is so important to you? Freddie asked.

Damn it. I did not expect that question. My friends can never know what the real meaning of the song is, otherwise I will show my weaknesses.

"The song portrays only my teenage years in Truro, and I want to break the world," he said, smoking my cigarette quietly.

"Is it just that, Rog, or are you hiding something from us?" Asked Bri.

Bri is like a brother to me, he knows me with the palm of his hand and he knows that hiding something, we have been friends for almost ten years, since the time of our old band, Smile, but I can not speak, nor to him. I take another drag on my cigarette, thinking of many things that have happened in the past.

"Guys, there's nothing to hide. The song is special because it tells of the difficult times I spent in Truro as a teenager while still struggling for a hit in music when I was still in the band The Reaction when I wanted to get out of Truro and come to London. It's a song that tells of a rebellious young man, like me, who wanted to break the barriers. I said smoking.

Everyone looked at me, but they were silent.

- Guys, that's all for today. Tomorrow new recording of a new song. So be at eight in the morning here in the studio. Said Mike, looking at his watch. "It's seven o'clock now. Boys are already gone. I wonder how tired they are.

I finished taking the last drag on my cigarette.

- We really are. I want to go home soon, to see my wife Veronica and my son Robert. And my wife needs my presence, I have something new to tell you: Veronica is pregnant again, for three months - Deacy smiled excitedly. - I'll be father again.