Chapter 47 - I Have No Luck in Love / January-February-March 1977

POV Isabella

January 1977

My friends, Bowie and I stayed in Brighton at my paternal grandparents' house until January 6 and then returned to London. Freddie, Bri, John and Roger will tour the album A Day at the Races in the United States as well as Bowie. My friends went to Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in the United States, and I packed my bags and went to New York with Bowie, because he will spend two weeks in the city doing shows and recording shows and then going To other US cities touring the United States of America. I spent two weeks with him in New York, getting to know the main sights of the beautiful city and then he went to Chicago and I went to São Paulo / Brazil, to visit my Brazilian relatives and enjoy the summer. I visited my relatives in São Paulo and then went with some of my cousins ​​to Rio de Janeiro to spend the carnival.

February 1977

Carnival in Rio de Janeiro. I took advantage of Rio's beaches, the heat of forty degrees next to my cousins, the street blocks of the carnival and also watched the parade of the Samba Schools in Marques de Sapucaí. Passed by the Sugar Loaf, the Christ Redeemer, I went to the beaches of Ipanema, Copacabana, Barra da Tijuca, Leblon, I strolled in the Urca and still went to Búzios, coast of Rio de Janeiro, in the Lakes region. I took lots of pictures, to show my friends. After the carnival, I returned to São Paulo and stayed two more days in the city and then had to return to London. I will miss the Brazilian summer. When I returned to London, Bowie was still in the United States. He only comes back at the end of the month for London. At the end of the month, Bowie returned to London, as did Brian, Freddie, John and Roger. I also knew about my friends' tour and through Veronica and Chrissy knew what Roger was up to and what he was doing in everything that was a celebrity gossip magazine in the United Kingdom, in the United States and on television gossip shows. Roger is a sucker. I was horrified. Dominique likes to be betrayed. She was betrayed many times by Roger on the tour in the United States of America. Roger was also seen drunk and drugged. How horrible. He fell a lot. Really the boy, the gay boy, full of life that was Roger ended up no longer exists.

POV Roger

After the holidays at the beginning of January, the boys and I embarked for Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America, for the opening of the US tour and our support band was Thin Lizzy and we gave very well. Thin Lizzy was making success with the song The Boys are back in Town. After the show in Wisconsin, we perform at Cobo Hall in Detroit. Then we went to Chicago on January twenty-eighth and Bowie was in town. He had just finished performing there. I greeted him unwillingly. I do not know what's happening to me, but, via Bowie as a great rival and I'm not disputing with him Isabella's love. Freddie asked for Bella and Bowie commented that after two weeks in New York with him, Bella went to São Paulo / Brazil to visit her relatives and would spend the carnival in Rio de Janeiro.

- While our dear Bella is at this time enjoying the Brazilian summer, there will still be carnival in Rio de Janeiro, we are here, dying of cold, almost freezing with temperatures below freezing. Next time, I'll go with Bella to Rio de Janeiro. Said Freddie, smiling.

Bowie wished us luck in Chicago and he went to Los Angeles. On January twenty-eighth, we came across sub-zero temperatures, with lots of snow and ice, in Chicago. Always after the band's performances, Freddie, Bri, Deacy and I were going to have full service dinner for us, including silverware. Freddie loved to squander. But little by little Bri and I got bored of it and we began to lose patience with these circumstances and we asked the manager of Thin Lizzy's tour and the members of the band that after the performances we went to nightclubs. And they accepted and left Freddie sitting alone, many times, before a huge and expensive dinner table, always furious that we would abandon them. While Freddie had fun in the gay clubs of every city, the boys and I had fun at the nightclubs. Bri was accompanied by Chrissy on our tour and she acted naturally as we saw the half-naked women dancing. Deacy was also with Veronica, while my godson stayed with the nanny in the hotel. And I'd stay with the girls, kiss them and take them to the motel. Veronica and Chrissy were not upset to see me betraying Dominique, they did not like Dom, I already realized that. If I was dating Isabella it would be different, they would be watching over me. Mary did not come on the tour because she stayed in London, taking care of Freddie's personal affairs, since now she works for him. I stayed with the hot dancers, kissing them and taking them to the motels of each city. I drank and smoked a lot, and sometimes I still use drugs. I was seen many times, leaving the hotel that was staying, drunk and under the influence of drugs. After Chicago, we went to New York and performed at Madison Square Garden and the tickets sold out. Then it was the turn of the cities of Syracuse and Boston. And I kept betraying Dominique. I tried to resist, I swear to you, but, the temptation spoke louder. Dominique can not come to the United States with me, because of his job as Richard Branson's personal assistant. On one of the days we were in New York, I went with the guys from Thin Lizzy to the epicenter of a punk scene in New York, I wanted to get in touch with this new world and see how it works. Over time, Freddie, Bri, Deacy and I got nicknames: I was the soul of the party, Brian and John were not and Freddie was always the soul of his own party. Like me, Freddie was also a regular user of cocaine.

After New York, we went to Miami and during our presentation of the song Tie Your Mother Down, they recorded the music video. Then we went to Los Angeles and performed twice at The Forum, with tickets sold out.

Then we went to San Francisco and Freddie started having throat problems again. We had to cancel a few presentations, but the tour was completed at the end of February, with two performances in Vancouver and Alberta, Canada. The tour in general was a success and Thin Lizzy and we ended up offering each other equal opportunities to earn some money. At the end of the tour, A Day at the Races reached # 5 on the US charts and Somebody to Love reached # 13.

March 1977

When we arrived in London, the country was celebrating Queen Elisabeth's silver jubilee and The Sex Pistols reached second place on the charts. We were shocked. Tie Your Mother Down was released in March as a compact, but, did not even rank in the top 50 in the United States. Bowie, Brian Ferry, came in fifth on the charts. What the fuck.

When I arrived at my house in Fulham, I also had to face Dominique's fury, she threw me many newspapers with pictures of me in the United States, drunk, with women, coming out of motels, breaking rooms, drugged.

"WHERE ARE YOU WITH THE HEAD, ROGER?" WHAT FUCK DO YOU WANT TO CONQUER? YOU ALREADY HAVE EVERYTHING AND STILL AGAIN LIKE AN IMMORTAL MOLEK, "she shouted.

- IF YOU WANT TO STAY WITH ME IT WILL BE SO. I AM A WOMAN OF THE SAME. I can not control myself, okay? I WORSHIP YOU, I'M PASSIONATE FOR YOU, BUT, I CAN NOT CONTROL. - I screamed.

- WITH ISABELLA EVERYTHING WAS DIFFERENT, IS NOT ROGER? WITH HER I KNEW THAT YOU NEVER TRIED HER. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE OF IT AND US? I KNOW: THE DIFFERENCE IS THAT YOU HAVE LOVED TRUE AND I DO NOT! "Dominique shouted, climbing the stairs to our room.

I ran my hand over my face. Dominique is right: I really loved Isabella. I think I still love her very much ...

POV Isabella

Beginning of March, I have already returned to work, to study my Master, to do my things. I pick up a newspaper and see a picture of Bowie kissing with Debbie Harry, lead singer of the band Blondie, at a restaurant in Los Angeles. And just now this shit has spread? I picked up the newspaper and saw the photo. I did not cry, because I do not love Bowie, but I was angry.

"I have no luck in love," she said in revulsion.

I took the key from my car and went after Bowie. He owes me explanations.

To be continued.